• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning to contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    That was my rule of thumb as well. Now I'm on month 3 of the bench and I've got a new rule of thumb. $500 a day used to be another, now it's a lot closer to £300.

Good Luck mate
    In the good days I demanded “prima nocta” with new staff members and £1000 a day

Now, I’m happy to go down the docks for 1/2 a sixpence

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by PermieToContractorAndBack View Post
      Have a look at Jobserve for .NET skills. My guess is if you can through in some Azure, you will be a lot more successful.
      Yes I have had a look. I've done a bit of Azure stuff, and docker k8s, microservices and other such trendy things. I presume people are still hiring some contractors out there. I tell you what, no matter how bad things seem to be, being permie sucks even more in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jazza View Post
        Yes I have had a look. I've done a bit of Azure stuff, and docker k8s, microservices and other such trendy things. I presume people are still hiring some contractors out there. I tell you what, no matter how bad things seem to be, being permie sucks even more in my experience.
        4 weeks holiday another 2 weeks sick leave (when required) each year - free pension - what’s not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X