• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Purpose built platform to find contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpose built platform to find contracts

I had a look at the forum rules and don't believe this is in breach, but if so please remove it or advise a better place to post this.

As an IT contractor, I am not a fan of the process to acquire new contracts. I hate having to go through recruiters and searching job sites to apply for contracts that I know are just recruiters phishing for contacts.

That's how we came up with Contracta, the idea is to be a one-stop-shop for contracting. You apply to contracts, receive and sign the paperwork, track your time and get paid all in one place.

You can find our site https://contractadotdev, we're currently trying to gauge interest so please register if you're interested. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by cojak; 16 December 2019, 06:31. Reason: Removed link - don’t have put it back.

Are you my mother?

Actually - are you my employer? Because you will have to be a lot of the time post IR35.

Oh, and I would NEVER entrust my money to a ghost. There is no reference to real people or a real company in your website.

So I’ll pass, thanks all the same.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's something many people have tried, and failed, at providing in a bid to improve the process. The Project Pool was the best attempt I've seen to date.

What pipeline of work do you have? How will you get it? Can you afford to pay me weekly yet wait 6 months for the client to pay you?

Being an agency is a tough business, and I wish you luck, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It's something many people have tried, and failed, at providing in a bid to improve the process. The Project Pool was the best attempt I've seen to date.

What pipeline of work do you have? How will you get it? Can you afford to pay me weekly yet wait 6 months for the client to pay you?

Being an agency is a tough business, and I wish you luck, but I am not going to hold my breath.
        The cashflow side is actually the easiest bit I can introduce you to 2 or 3 companies who can provide instant payment for signed timesheets but let's look at the bigger issues.

You need a pipeline of work which means:-

1) you need enough marketing to get people to know about you to try you - and B2B marketing is hard.
        2) even if you are successful with marketing that doesn't mean you will get sign-off of anything - chances are you won't be on the preferred suppliers list.
        3) even if you are on the preferred suppliers list chances are you won't have the right resources at the right time.

and then we have:

4) people use agencies as that offloads all the work (except a short interview) to elsewhere - heck you don't even have to have any you are no longer required conversations as you offload them to the agency.

So the immediate questions are:-

1) How will people know about you when they need work do
        2) Will the company be willing to use you
        3) How are you planning to reduce the work the company has to do.

Out of everyone who has tried this I have only seen 2 people succeed - and neither company looks like what they started out wanting to do, one is a standard agency the other is people per hour.

Finally after looking at your site - what do you offer that freelancer doesn't?
        Last edited by eek; 16 December 2019, 08:13.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Every few weeks someone comes onto this forum with this wonderful idea. You have a one page website with no information whatsoever, no companies house information and you want us to trust you with our personal data.
          As others pointed out, this has been tried and has failed many many times before.
          Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Are you my mother?

Actually - are you my employer? Because you will have to be a lot of the time post IR35.

Oh, and I would NEVER entrust my money to a ghost. There is no reference to real people or a real company in your website.

So I’ll pass, thanks all the same.
            Thank you for the feedback.

Point taken, as we're currently validating the idea we're not incorporated, we're simply gauging interest.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
              Every few weeks someone comes onto this forum with this wonderful idea. You have a one page website with no information whatsoever, no companies house information and you want us to trust you with our personal data.
              As others pointed out, this has been tried and has failed many many times before.
              Thank you for your feedback.

The idea is to gauge interest in the idea before committing and incorporating. Please see our privacy policy in regards to your personal data.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobMason View Post
                I had a look at the forum rules and don't believe this is in breach, but if so please remove it or advise a better place to post this.

As an IT contractor, I am not a fan of the process to acquire new contracts. I hate having to go through recruiters and searching job sites to apply for contracts that I know are just recruiters phishing for contacts.

That's how we came up with Contracta, the idea is to be a one-stop-shop for contracting. You apply to contracts, receive and sign the paperwork, track your time and get paid all in one place.

You can find our site https://contracta.dev, we're currently trying to gauge interest so please register if you're interested. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
                One of many. Google is your friend.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by JacobMason View Post
                  Please see our privacy policy in regards to your personal data.
                  Who is this our you are speaking about. You're not even a registered company
                  Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                    Who is this our you are speaking about. You're not even a registered company
                    I am referring to myself and the other co-founder, I understand your point as legally it's under my name as a sole trader.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't be so critical and cut us some slack.

Comment

Working...
                    X