• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Purpose built platform to find contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    One of many. Google is your friend.
    Thank you for the feedback.

Could you provide some examples, we did some competitor research and was unable to find anything similar.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobMason View Post
      I am referring to myself and the other co-founder, I understand your point as legally it's under my name as a sole trader.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't be so critical and cut us some slack.
      If you can't stand any criticism, you are certainly not cut out to do this and if you would just search this forum you would find all the examples that have been tried before.

If you're looking for a bunch of Yes sayers you have to go somewhere else.
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you provide some examples, we did some competitor research and was unable to find anything similar.
        That would be because everyone else who has tried it has failed - see my post from yesterday. However look at freelancer.com, peopleperhour even Fiverr and tell me how you are going to be different.

Sorry if you don't like the answer but you have a lot of things you need answers to (convenience and less work for the purchasers is the biggy) and you currently don't have answers for any of them.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          That would be because everyone else who has tried it has failed - see my post from yesterday. However look at freelancer.com, peopleperhour even Fiverr and tell me how you are going to be different.
          Just out of curiosity, and taking the topic slightly off tangent here: is freelancer.com, peopleperhour, fiverr, etc any good at finding work for us contractors. Is it even worth the effort in trying to use them?

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post
            Just out of curiosity, and taking the topic slightly off tangent here: is freelancer.com, peopleperhour, fiverr, etc any good at finding work for us contractors. Is it even worth the effort in trying to use them?
            Not really as India is far cheaper once you've actually specified what you need them to do.

Comment

so it looks like the only option for us contractors to source work is to find work through recruiters from LinkedIn.
              As someone previously mentioned, job sites is not really worth it as well.

Comment

How is this different from something like iContract, for example?

I looked at their business model when they were doing a funding round on Seedrs, read their track record and plans etc., spoke to someone who had been to their pitches and had had indicative talks with them about getting more involved to help supply a pool of contractors - and at the end of it walked away because I didn't have the faith in the business model working.

How is this idea any different, what's the resourcing (financial and people) that you have, why would a client choose you, what connections do you have to get onto PSLs etc?

I wish you luck, but for many reasons I'm out.
                I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

I am referring to myself and the other co-founder, I understand your point as legally it's under my name as a sole trader.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't be so critical and cut us some slack.
                  Really? These are your potential customers; people who are expected to analyse, evaluate and generally poke holes in things for a living.

I let you through as I thought it beneficial for both sides to look at your proposal, after all you are getting free consultancy here from experienced contractors.

But if you were hoping for applause, you’ve come to the wrong place. This is people’s money and businesses we are talking about here.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post
                    so it looks like the only option for us contractors to source work is to find work through recruiters from LinkedIn.
                    As someone previously mentioned, job sites is not really worth it as well.
                    Really?
                    Most useful leads come from jobsites, LinkedIn is quite useless to find a contract if you use the jobsearch function. Yes sometimes an agent or recruiter may find you and contact you directly, but that's quite rare.
                    And many of us have enough personal contacts to go contracting direct without agency
                    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                      Really?
                      Most useful leads come from jobsites, LinkedIn is quite useless to find a contract if you use the jobsearch function. Yes sometimes an agent or recruiter may find you and contact you directly, but that's quite rare.
                      And many of us have enough personal contacts to go contracting direct without agency
                      I think it depends on your market - in mine there are probably 4 agencies all of whom will use LinkedIn to announce new contracts in preference to paying for jobserve adverts.

Comment

Working...
                      X