• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you do in 2019?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billed 160 contract days to 4th September. Started perm role from 9th September. Closed down Ltd company after 21 years of contracting. Back to work on Thursday 2nd Jan 20.

Comment

Originally posted by LordF View Post
      Billed 160 contract days to 4th September. Started perm role from 9th September. Closed down Ltd company after 21 years of contracting. Back to work on Thursday 2nd Jan 20.
      Have you set your objectives for the year and had your mandatory training from Karen in HR?
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

243 days with four increases in day rate. It has been a reasonable year.

Comment

Somewhere in the region of 125-130. Had four and a half months off between May and mid-September.

Hoping the election and (the first part of) Brexit improve things when I am looking again in April.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Have you set your objectives for the year and had your mandatory training from Karen in HR?
            No objectives, but done all the mandatory training.

Comment

Originally posted by LordF View Post
              No objectives, but done all the mandatory training.
              Give it time!

Comment

Pretty badly, had to take time off to deal with serious family issue, had to take more time off due to illness and last contract got messed around when consultancy magically realised the role involved serious support work which was never mentioned to me during the whole process, leading to a termination when I foolishly asked what the full nature of the support work involved before getting amendment to contract in place.

Let's hope 2020 is better.

Comment

Around 165 days, but mostly on a rate 40% less than my usual.
                  De-registered for VAT and closed down the LTD.
                  Working as a sole-trader at the moment.
                  AirBnB side business is doing OK though.

Comment

stable contract. earning a decent rate. took 25 days off work due to holidays and family commitments. I needed to take them.
                    Took home quite a lot, but also expensed a lot too (i spent way too much). But had to spend them.
                    So overall. It's been a good year for me financially. Not exceptional though...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      I voluntarily left two horrible gigs in a row, spent 2 months on the contractor scrapyard then came back to score the best rate of my career.

It's been mixed, but on the whole, worth doing. And at least I COULD take that time off without really hitting the skids.

So all in all, 10 months ish billed out of 12? At least 190 days I reckon
                      Just done the maths - 196.

And to think I spent a large part of the summer thinking I'd screwed the whole thing because I wasn't getting a sniff for 6 weeks... doesn't seem so bad now
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X