• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you do in 2019?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    208.5 which is playing merry hell with my number OCD, so I need to try and work another day and a half.

qh
    Surely that half day you spent in the pub included at least one minute of "work talk"? Round up and bill a full one, I say.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Classic willy waving thread!

Before I retired, I was more interested in taking jobs that interested me, were what I wanted to do while having the time off between contracts, also doing what I wanted to do.

Hitting some magical 240+ billable days was never a priority for me.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Classic willy waving thread!
        Just by knowing the billed days, not really.

To do some real willy waving, we should know the exact day rate for each contract

Comment

Of course it's a [insert gential of your choice] waving exercise. The calendar year billables means nothing as my financial year is August to July.

Comment

part timers

I've got to about 285 by end of the year.
            Been really busy, but fun. And quite a bit of double billing mulltiple clients for the same time
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I voluntarily left two horrible gigs in a row, spent 2 months on the contractor scrapyard then came back to score the best rate of my career.

It's been mixed, but on the whole, worth doing. And at least I COULD take that time off without really hitting the skids.

So all in all, 10 months ish billed out of 12? At least 190 days I reckon
              Last edited by PerfectStorm; 16 December 2019, 15:00.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

218 days this year, although I deliberately took December off and a week for holiday earlier in the year. Had agreed to a 3 month extension from Jan-end of March but unfortunately client has decided to can the project so will not be going back. Company reserves back into the 6 figures though so not too worried right now.

Comment

How are you lot coming up with a running total of days? Other than going through a years worth of invoices or keeping a spreadsheet I can't think how...
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    How are you lot coming up with a running total of days? Other than going through a years worth of invoices or keeping a spreadsheet I can't think how...
                    The company I bill likes an excel based timesheet so I create a summary sheet per PO and it's easy to grab a total

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      Sales / daily rate = days billed.

Comment

Working...
                      X