• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays onboarding timescale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays onboarding timescale

I'm waiting for a contract to come through for a new client via Hays. It's been a week since I received the verbal offer from the client but I haven't even heard from Hays yet never mind received any paperwork. The client is chasing Hays daily apparently.

I know it'a approaching xmas and probably things are starting to slow down but has anyone had any recent experience with Hays on this front?

I used a couple of their contractors about a year ago and they seemed fairly good on this process. However, I did have to explain to one of their exceedingly green new agents that contracting works by the agency having a contract with me (as end client) and one with the contractor. The agency then invoices me which seemed news to him...

Originally posted by edison View Post
    I'm waiting for a contract to come through for a new client via Hays. It's been a week since I received the verbal offer from the client but I haven't even heard from Hays yet never mind received any paperwork. The client is chasing Hays daily apparently.

I know it'a approaching xmas and probably things are starting to slow down but has anyone had any recent experience with Hays on this front?

I used a couple of their contractors about a year ago and they seemed fairly good on this process. However, I did have to explain to one of their exceedingly green new agents that contracting works by the agency having a contract with me (as end client) and one with the contractor. The agency then invoices me which seemed news to him...
    Ring the agent and tell him you'll go direct to the client if he doesn't pull his finger out. You can't do that of course but it will get his attention.

EDIT: or even better tell him you've got another offer on the table at a similar rate and you need to decide by the end of the week.
    Last edited by Lance; 19 December 2019, 14:46.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Depends on the clients vetting requirements it can take 6-8 weeks if investment banking or financial services based!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
        Depends on the clients vetting requirements it can take 6-8 weeks if investment banking or financial services based!
        What's that got to do with Hays starting off the process of sending out a contract and starting the onboarding process (which includes the vetting requirements you mention above).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If it's with a bank then they generally do all the PES checks before they issue the contract. But it's strange they haven't been in contact at all in a week. Why don't you just phone them up & ask what's going on?
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Day one hays send you a million forms to fill in, get them pronto and start your disclosur Scotland today!!

Also depends on Client, some like BAML and RBS let you start before screening finishes (if you fail you get walked off site)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

No banks or financial services are taking on contractors now. Or ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                No banks or financial services are taking on contractors now. Or ever again.
                That's just what they're telling you, PC and Darren Test

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                  If it's with a bank then they generally do all the PES checks before they issue the contract. But it's strange they haven't been in contact at all in a week. Why don't you just phone them up & ask what's going on?
                  It's not financial services and it's somewhere I've worked before as a permie many years ago.

I've actually been dealing directly with the end client (they originally approached me to work for them) but it's Hays they use as the intermediary.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                    It's not financial services and it's somewhere I've worked before as a permie many years ago.

I've actually been dealing directly with the end client (they originally approached me to work for them) but it's Hays they use as the intermediary.
                    I've worked through Hays a couple of times, generally they're quite good.
                    With one (non-banking) client there was a mountain of paperwork to complete, plus the Disclosure Scotland requirement at the time.
                    Do they still do weekly payment?
                    Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                    X