• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

April off payroll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
    5th April being the cut off, extremely tight there sir.
    No margin for error

Comment

I'm having conversation with HR manager over ir35 next week "which will answer all the question we may have". any idea as to what to expect or what should the answers be to their questions? I assume it's non blanket approach and they will deem us inside or outside as an outcome of these 1-1 converstaions.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

2. Not yet

As I said upthread,
        IR35 Shield for Business - IR35 Shield

Says it is "Insurance-backed solution IR35 Shield is proud to be underwritten by leading insurers, giving you complete trust and confidence in our employment status determinations."

Comment

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
          Is this only valid should he continue to work at the same place post the Monday meeting or is it a case that the role was always inside and therefore if HMRC were to do a retro then he'd have to cough up? Seems like we all want to avoid having a similar meeting only for our clients to bail on us and blanket IR35 just because it's the easiest thing for them to do. Better to leave on your own accord before any questions are asked of the role...

Are any of you leaving your clients on February 29th (i.e. for those that get invoiced month in arrears) and then looking forward to a two month break, possibly summer and then starting a search again?
          If my client doesn't offer an extension on that same outside basis then I'm doing precisely that on Feb 23rd when my contract is up. I'll survey the UK market and see what's around whilst simultaneously looking abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by ir35Outside View Post
            I'm having conversation with HR manager over ir35 next week "which will answer all the question we may have". any idea as to what to expect or what should the answers be to their questions? I assume it's non blanket approach and they will deem us inside or outside as an outcome of these 1-1 converstaions.
            No idea - received wisdom on here is if you are talking to HR you are a permitractor (and therefore caught by IR35) anyway as real contractors (companies) talk to procurement.

Being serious - you should already have an idea where you are in the general scheme of things, so hopefully nothing will be a big surprise. Some Clientcos have a habit of risk-averse simplistic and/or incorrect approaches though.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              No idea - received wisdom on here is if you are talking to HR you are a permitractor (and therefore caught by IR35) anyway as real contractors (companies) talk to procurement.

Being serious - you should already have an idea where you are in the general scheme of things, so hopefully nothing will be a big surprise. Some Clientcos have a habit of risk-averse simplistic and/or incorrect approaches though.
              no , this is the first time I will be talking to any HR. this guy is coming to us specifically around new legislation. Given they hire 40 contractors and like 3-4 permie chances are they will bend.

Comment

1. Why would they uplift your rate? 95% of contractors are getter zero uplift (unless you have specific skills they can’t get)

2. Not yet

3. Lol very funny, think a 30% down lift for ball park

If client declares you inside on Monday, then you have much bigger issues if HMRC come after you for time already spent on client site (ipse insurance won’t cover you if you are happy enough to work on same contract inside IR35)

Get client to issue you a SOW and keep you outside IR35

Please let us know how it go’s

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                This niche consulting client charge me out at a large multiple of my day rate.

I'm in the fortunate position where I have proved my worth and saved them large ££ and I think they will be reluctant to let me go (although been in this game long enough to know no guarantees)

This client I believe may see April 2020 as a genuine shared.. "problem" for us jointly to resolve.

I'm surprised no one has come across any "client" insurance for their potential liability since the client and I may share the cost of this if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
                  Are you 100% sure it is your client that needs to make the determination?

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post

I'm in the fortunate position where I have proved my worth and saved them large ££ and I think they will be reluctant to let me go (although been in this game long enough to know no guarantees)

This client I believe may see April 2020 as a genuine shared.. "problem" for us jointly to resolve.

I'm surprised no one has come across any "client" insurance for their potential liability since the client and I may share the cost of this if need be.
                    Then you are holding all the cards sir, niche consulting firm won’t want to lose a key revenue stream (you) tell them you are happy to continue as is

IR35 has been around since 1999 nothing has changed except who makes the determination

Get a SOW and new contract (with right of sub) per client they farm you to - job done

Comment

Then you are holding all the cards sir, niche consulting firm won’t want to lose a key revenue stream (you) tell them you are happy to continue as is

IR35 has been around since 1999 nothing has changed except who makes the determination

Get a SOW and new contract (with right of sub) per client they farm you to - job done

Thanks - that's pretty much as I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                      X