• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

short term contracts in either Berlin/Amsterdam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short term contracts in either Berlin/Amsterdam

Hi i am a british citizen based in london working as a contractor Mobile developer and i am looking to do some short term contracts in either of these cities(1-3 month length) and have a few questions in regarding my venture:
    1. Can anyone recommend an unbrella company i can use in either countries?
    2. Or, can i contract through my existing limited company based in the UK but stay outside ir35?
    3. What are the popular job boards for these two places that i can see a list of mobile developer roles?

For berlin i am aware that its best to go unbrella so i am considering unbrella but i am not sure where to find them and who?

Thanks
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 11:32.

Cross-border services

Hello just read this thread.

Look at using your UK limited company instead under the cross-border services ruling between EU member states. Which allow your company to do business with any EU company in Germany or Holland.

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
    Hi i am a british citizen based in london working as a contractor Mobile developer and i am looking to do some short term contracts in either of these cities(1-3 month length) and have a few questions in regarding my venture:
    1. Can anyone recommend an unbrella company i can use in either countries?
    2. Or, can i contract through my existing limited company based in the UK but stay outside ir35?
    3. What are the popular job boards for these two places that i can see a list of mobile developer roles?

Thanks
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudySolutions View Post

Look at using your UK limited company instead under the cross-border services ruling between EU member states. Which allow your company to do business with any EU company in Germany or Holland.
      Ok thanks. I assume that i would need to pay tax over there as well as in the UK?

Comment

it's not allowed in DE or NL afaik.
        you have to use a local payroll.
        and the SI deductions will make your eyes water.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          This and actively enforced

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Paging Sue@IPAYE...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Paging Sue@IPAYE...
              cheers nice one

Comment

Yes you can use your Ltd but you have to register it with the local tax authorities, and pay local tax. That is quite complicated.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  In Germany you don't need to pay Social Insurance contributions. You can set up as a Freiberufler and just pay tax. Umbrella companies will set you up accordingly.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

OK so in amsterdam nd Berlin, there is no actual "ir35" rule as per say and people just all work sort of as "inside ir35" ie they pay same tax as a perm?

Comment

Working...
                    X