• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accommodation advice please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MancHost View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if you could help point me in the right direction of best place to go for accommodation while contracting.

Is there a company or website (other than Airbnb or similar)?

Thanks In Advance
    There are lots of websites, take your pick!

I still like hotels rather than the likes of Spareroom/Monday to Friday for a couple of reasons.

1) You know what you are going to get
    2) Better privacy, when I am working away the last thing I want is to have to deal with people
    3) Don't have to worry about housekeeping
    4) Fiddles! I use Quidco and Hotels.com to get cashback (paid to my personal quidco account) and also every 10 nights I stay away I get a free night, which again I use when I am away personally paid for by the company

Mods; as this could be a very useful topic for this forum is there any chance it can be made a sticky and stuck at the top of the forums so everyone can see it? That would be so useful
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if you could help point me in the right direction of best place to go for accommodation while contracting.

Thanks In Advance
      And remember

If your contract is deemed inside IR35 or working via umbrella or PAYE your accommodation (and all other) expenses comes out of your NET pay

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I’ll move it to Business/Contracts then sticky it.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks In Advance
          I used these guys:

http://www.wedotherest.com/

Who had an account with:

Aparthotels & Serviced Apartments | Roomzzz Aparthotels

If you know you are staying for a while you might as well go direct with Roomzzz. Although pricy, I found this was the cheapest option for a serviced apartment. You could go for private share but the tricky part is are they VAT registered and length of contract.

With Roomzzz I could claim the VAT back and leave with no notice period.

This only works if you are outside IR35 obviously.

Comment

I usually stay away for 3 nights per week and prefer the hotel chains IHG, Marriott, Hilton and Accor
            You get loyalty points for fee nights and you get VAT receipts
            Book through topcashback or quidco you get an additional %-age cashback usually between 8 and 15%
            Don't book through websites such as hotels.com as it won't count towards your loyalty points and status
            Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Hotels.com is great if you're not particularly loyal to one hotel chain. Otherwise, get yourself a Platinum Amex and you get instant status at about half a dozen chains without the need to earn it. Of course you still need to have an account with said chains and book direct in order to get the perks. If a third party agent gets you better price than booking direct then chasing status isn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I’ll move it to Business/Contracts then sticky it.
                Why not point people to this:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...otel-tips.html

Rather than have two stickies on the same topic?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Fiddles! I use Quidco and Hotels.com to get cashback (paid to my personal quidco account) and also every 10 nights I stay away I get a free night, which again I use when I am away personally paid for by the company
                  Definitely this! I made about 240 quid in six months booking my travel through Quidco.
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Fiddles! I use Quidco and Hotels.com to get cashback (paid to my personal quidco account) and also every 10 nights I stay away I get a free night, which again I use when I am away personally paid for by the company
                    Last year when the Hilton's summer points deals was on, I was earning a night's stay approximately every 7 nights and every 5th night on a stay using points is free so it took me 84 nights to earn a 15 night holiday.

Also Hilton will give 25% off the room rate if you find it cheaper elsewhere. Priceline and Agoda are very good for such deals.
                    Last edited by eek; 13 January 2020, 14:14.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                      Definitely this! I made about 240 quid in six months booking my travel through Quidco.
                      Generally (not always) Topcashback has better deals and they pay a lot faster then Quidco
                      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                      X