• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TOGAF course provider recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My partner is delivering a TOGAF 9.2 levels 1 and 2 residential public course in 8-11 March in Wyboston Lakes, St Neots. Exam will be at the end of the course. He gets good reviews for his courses and, if you're really lucky, he'll use the project I'm working on as an example of how not to do EA

It's via Firebrand and is on their website now. PM me if you're interested and want a discount code. I don't have it yet but will have it by Monday/Tuesday. Full price is £3,275 +VAT. Includes accommodation and all meals.

BTW - Firebrand advertise the course as being 9-11 March and don't tell you until you go to book that you have to attend something on the evening of the 8th.

TOGAF 9.2 Training & Certification | 3 Days | Firebrand Training
    The discount Firebrand are offering is £175, so the fee is £3,100 +VAT.

If anyone wants to do the above course in March, PM me and I'll send you details of how to get the discount.

Comment

The next residential course in St Neots is 9+13 April, better discount available this time if you PM me for details

Comment

TOGAF course provider recommendation

On a completely different point

My company is cancelling all its booked training courses and conventions due to coronavirus[emoji20]

This is going to hit us hard

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          On a completely different point

My company is cancelling all its booked training courses and conventions due to coronavirus[emoji20]

This is going to hit us hard

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          The heavy discount available is because of that

Comment

Now that the situation has changed so drastically since this thread was last discussed in March (I suspect there's been a lot of changes to the training available online since) - anyone got any fresh recommendations?

I'm currently doing a TOGAF course on udemy and while it's cheap, pre-recorded etc, it's not much better than OK - very dry, no real world examples etc. Heavy going. I expect it'll see me through the exams at a pinch but I was wondering if anyone was aware of any new deals?

Comment

It seems to have moved to more online classroom delivery so, whilst still dry as you're never going to make TOGAF intersesting, you do get (hopefully) a tutor that's directly engaging with the class rather than just speaking at you.

Not aware of any deals at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
                Now that the situation has changed so drastically since this thread was last discussed in March (I suspect there's been a lot of changes to the training available online since) - anyone got any fresh recommendations?

I'm currently doing a TOGAF course on udemy and while it's cheap, pre-recorded etc, it's not much better than OK - very dry, no real world examples etc. Heavy going. I expect it'll see me through the exams at a pinch but I was wondering if anyone was aware of any new deals?
                That's what I did last year. Supplement Udemy with stuff on Youtube, it does help.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  I did mine with the Knowledge Academy in 2013(!). Was very straightforward. The tutor wasn't fantastic but it was TOGAF early days and no-one had much direct experience back then. Pay attention in the course and you'll pass.
                  Your definition of early days and mine must differ. TOGAF came out in 1995 and the version you got certified in was published in 2006 so hardly "early days of TOGAF" - just the first you'd heard of it

Comment

Working...
                  X