• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TOGAF course provider recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOGAF course provider recommendation

Are all the approved course providers more or less the same in terms of quality?

I have so far browsed these two... costs are comparable:
    1. Architecture Center - Consultancy and training services of Enterprise Architecture
    2. ATE Enterprises | Enterprise Architecture TOGAF

Anybody has any recommendation based on (recent) personal experience?

I want to get both foundation and practitioner out of the way in one go.

Thanks.

Paging @ladymuck : does your bloke still teach TOGAF for Gilmour's bunch?
    Last edited by wattaj; 16 January 2020, 09:24.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I used Knowledge Academy. At the time it was plenty cheapness compared with other providers, and recently they've been emailing me a lot about deals on most of their courses. Its the trainer you get that makes the difference at the end of the day though.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        I used Knowledge Academy. At the time it was plenty cheapness compared with other providers, and recently they've been emailing me a lot about deals on most of their courses. Its the trainer you get that makes the difference at the end of the day though.
        Me use them too. Ring them up week before the course starts and ask for a deal.

Comment

i used knowledge academy then had to go somewhere else for the exam.

i thought they were pretty good.

Comment

Most places resell courses as few companies actually own a license for the courseware

My partner teaches this course, as well as Archimate and the upcoming BIAN, but I don't think the company that use him are doing public courses at the moment.

Comment

I like the guarantee that Knowledge Academy offers. They are cheaper than thd other two I looked at, if you book late.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Most places resell courses as few companies actually own a license for the courseware
                Do you know which companies hold the license? Might as well go to the source... should be the cheapest.

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
                  Do you know which companies hold the license? Might as well go to the source... should be the cheapest.
                  That's not necessarily true. Some places will buy bulk places at discount and resell, it's often how public courses get filled.

This is probably the best place to start, being the official website:

Accredited Training Course Provider Showcase | The Open Group

EA Learning have a tendency to cancel their UK courses because they don't put enough effort into selling them so they don't get sufficient take up. Firebrand are more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
                    I like the guarantee that Knowledge Academy offers. They are cheaper than thd other two I looked at, if you book late.
                    I noticed that the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals course is £1795 at knowledge academy. I've seen it much cheaper elsewhere, usually around £500 - £700. One place, Worldwide IT Training was even offering it for £99. I called and asked why it was so cheap and they told me it was in an auditorium with 60 people.

Comment

Working...
                    X