• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Most clients can't get away from "annual leave". Even when they know I'm working for another client they still call it annual leave....... It's not a real problem though. Just a slight annoyance.
    yeah exactly. I know what you mean.

I used to gig for a top end investment bank. i've told them many times that I'm a contractor such that i provide you with a service and our relationship is b2b.
    But yet, whenever I tell them that i'm not available on a particular day; they request me to enter into their HR employee system and input as "annual leave"
    I mean... it's frustrating, they don't get it don't they.

I say; wait, i'm not an employee. they reply; yes but you need to comply with our systems & procedures

...sigh...

Comment

Working...
    X