• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a vent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    I feel you. I'd be raging, especially after three interviews [emoji34]
    Yeah it’s the three interviews bit that’s annoying.. but that’s the life of a contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
      Take it as a learning.

It’s not official until your bum is on the seat.

Straight facts.
      True

Comment

Three interviews should already be an early warning indicator. Usually one, sometimes 2 but 3 usually means it's not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
          I feel you. I'd be raging Hardon, especially after three interviews [emoji34]
          Fixed that for you

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Should I have responded with a soft fluffy Internet hug instead?
            Of course. You're very cuddly.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Three interviews should already be an early warning indicator. Usually one, sometimes 2 but 3 usually means it's not going to happen
            Twaddle.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere
              Twaddle.
              as is usual

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                as is usual
                Makes the common mistake of assuming his experience is the same as everyone else's. A certain hug-averse northerner sometimes makes that error.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Some interviewers are just clueless or inexperienced at making hiring decisions. They may want 2nd, 3rd opinions or even to reinterview from another perspective. A 3rd is the point at which I would consider declining another one. Not in this market though.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Of course. You're very cuddly.

Twaddle.
                    I see the behavior of certain posters in the professional forum is not as it should be, ban yourself now

Comment

Originally posted by Contractpf View Post
                      Had a 3 stage interview with a client. Got offer last week and verbally accepted. Uploaded required docs and refs done. Then on Friday they decided to pull the contract ?. Back to the drawing board I guess?
                      As has been said on here before - never stop looking til you're at the client's desk (and expecting/wanting to come back tomorrow!)

The lost momentum is yours to gather alone - don't lose it!
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X