• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a vent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Three interviews should already be an early warning indicator. Usually one, sometimes 2 but 3 usually means it's not going to happen
    So true. In my experience, the number of interviews corresponds to how crap/depressing/overmanaged the gig is.

The best ones are the ones where they don't interview you at all, you just talk about the project and life in general and they say "are you alright to come in on Monday"
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      So true. In my experience, the number of interviews corresponds to how crap/depressing/overmanaged the gig is.

The best ones are the ones where they don't interview you at all, you just talk about the project and life in general and they say "are you alright to come in on Monday"
      My best interview was "just don't be crap"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        My best interview was "just don't be crap"
        most of my later ones were 'when can you start?'

Comment

I agree- 3 stage interview is a red flag....
          In 20+ years I've had this done to me twice now mind. Pulled at short notice. Its annoying as ****.

One was the friday pm before. It was a crappy gig but at a place I used to work. Got offered. Told agent about 20 times - I used to work there, make sure they're happy with my security clearance still being valid. Yeh friday afternoon they decided to check and found it wasn't.

Worse one was gig I had phone interview for. Offered on the call. I was in a gig at the time so had to give notice. They said the needed some asap I said I'd see what I could do. Talked current place down to 3 weeks but they weren't happy. I'd been giving agent updates. So I call him, right I can start in a week. He calls the client - sorry someone started last week we didn't want to wait.
          Partly agents fault for not keeping on top of client but I thought that was bad form from the client to be honest as well.

I was well pissed off because I had to stay at current gig and to be honest, my cards were marked and I only lasted another 2 months.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

almost as boring as JohntheBore.
            is it a Welsh thing?

Comment

three stage interview more suited to a perm job tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Should I have responded with a soft fluffy Internet hug instead?
                No, you should have commended him for a title that accurately described the thread, so that you wouldn't need to waste your time reading or responding.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  No, you should have commended him for a title that accurately described the thread, so that you wouldn't need to waste your time reading or responding.
                  Her actually ?

Comment

Originally posted by Contractpf View Post
                    Her actually ?
                    LOL. Should have known. The blokes are too lazy/sloppy to bother with accurate titles.

That's a sexist comment I just made there. In the professional forums, no less. Never been banned from CUK yet....

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post
                      three stage interview more suited to a perm job tbh.
                      Had a few multi-stage ones typically with Hedge funds where they want almost everybody bar the office moggy to weigh into the decision process.

Also had one before Christmas that offered, accepted subject to contract and was thrashing out some amendments with assistance from B&C only for the client to rescind their offer. That reminds me I should probably add a review of their interview process on Glassdoor to share my "experience".

The latest jape is a certain Japanese motor manufacturer who instructed the agency to "soft offer" a role in early December (this means the agency hasn't actually sent a formal offer in writing). Apparently the client now has to go through multiple levels of signoff to actually issue PO/contracts.

WTF? If you don't have sign off/budget/authority to recruit , you shouldn't be resourcing since the role doesn't actually exist.

Onwards...

Comment

Working...
                      X