• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employee for 6 months ?!?!?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need JTB here. One person to take one of these on, be made redundant and then taken it to a tribunal to end this once and for all.

Surely its going to be easy to win. Creating a permanent position that's temporary and using redundancy once its finished is taking the piss.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Get used to the New Britannia

Welcome to Singapore-on-Thames
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        And to counter the thread about the possibly positive request for a managed service on jobserve I get this steaming pile in my inbox.

6 month gig as a perm employee of an Addecco subsidiary providing service to their client. I haven't seen this set up for a long time although it has been discussed on here in the past. I remember Spring providing contractors to Barclays as an employee of Spring. I'd have hoped that model would have died a long time ago but rather worryingly it's popped up again.

We did discuss this as an option where agencies would start up consultancies to provide contractors to their clients and how that wouldn't work as it's still the end clients decision but this one goes one step too far and attempts to provide an employee of their for 6 months. There is something seriously dodgy about this, as there was the Spring one. I remember when the Spring gig ended the 'employee' had a month to find more work and if they couldn't they were made redundant.

This has to be sailing very close to the law surely. It just takes the piss to employ someone for a 6 month gig.

I do hope this is a very short lived approach and dies a very quick death.
        there is no security of employment with perm until you have been there 2 years anyways, thats the way the employment tribunal rules etc work

Comment

Totally get that but there surely has to be something about that set up that can be challenged. It's not how the rules should be used.
          Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          there is no security of employment with perm until you have been there 2 years anyways, thats the way the employment tribunal rules etc work
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X