• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35

This topic may have been discussed before. I have never had to consider it because I have never before been offered a contract "Inside IR35" that I was interested (enough) in.

Does taking up a contract that is "Inside IR35" in and of itself have any bearing on future assessments? I have always been Outside and so am also curious about any potential impact on how previous contracts are judged.

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest to read up on IR35 pronto.

The fact that you don't realise the IR35 determination is separate and independent for each individual contract, points that you don't have much clue what it means for you and your future.

It might be different in other areas of expertise, but in mine I can get a permanent job on comparable net income as average day rate if inside IR35. No way in hell to go for an inside IR35 gig, instead of getting cushy perm benefits for the same amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      I would suggest to read up on IR35 pronto.

The fact that you don't realise the IR35 determination is separate and independent for each individual contract, points that you don't have much clue what it means for you and your future.

It might be different in other areas of expertise, but in mine I can get a permanent job on comparable net income as average day rate if inside IR35. No way in hell to go for an inside IR35 gig, instead of getting cushy perm benefits for the same amount of money.
      Ah! Abuse. How novel and unexpected. And they say people are reluctant to ask questions in case of smart@rses like you.

Comment

At the same client doing the same thing? Yes.

Otherwise, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Whenimgone View Post
          Ah! Abuse. How novel and unexpected. And they say people are reluctant to ask questions in case of smart@rses like you.
          There is no easy way to tell someone that they are ill-informed. Some take that badly. I see that you do.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Whenimgone View Post
            That's not even close to abuse.

As wattaj says is true though. We have to point out the level of your question to explain there is no way we can answer it for you in completeness. You really need even a basic knowledge to be able to understand the answer and if you had that knowledge you wouldn't needed to have asked in the first place. Sorry.

We have a specific part of the forum dealing with the IR35 reforms. It's in the accounting section at the top. Tons of info in there but start by reading the stickies, particularly this one.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ould-i-go.html
            Last edited by northernladuk; 24 January 2020, 12:35.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X