• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you could contract in any country, which would you choose?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    Seriously? I get it that gun violence and other violent crime levels can be mitigated by choosing some specific areas of this fast country. But how would you handle their healthcare system and lack of food standards?
    Be insured and don't buy the rubbish at the bottom of the market? I already live in one of the most violent places in the UK.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Oooh Dubai. I want to do one last overseas contracting gig and I'd like it to be there. I'm not drinker or drug taker so I'd be pretty much ok. Lots of sunshine, shopping, nice food. I could do that. A friend's partner has just got a 2 year gig with the airport authority. I'm too old to do 2 years but six months, yes please.

Comment

Sydney

Australia has as amazing taxation system, catering for Freelancers very well and fairly.

First World country, with a First World Fiscal attitude.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          Oooh Dubai. I want to do one last overseas contracting gig and I'd like it to be there. I'm not drinker or drug taker so I'd be pretty much ok. Lots of sunshine, shopping, nice food. I could do that. A friend's partner has just got a 2 year gig with the airport authority. I'm too old to do 2 years but six months, yes please.
          Lol, I saw more alcohol, hookers and drugs in Dubai than anywhere else I’ve worked

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Lol, I saw more alcohol, hookers and drugs in Dubai than anywhere else I’ve worked

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            That is so true. Never worked there but friends have and I visited them a few times. Bunch of hypocrites as they want you to think they're all abstemious and pious.

No point doing six months. You need to do a full tax year and plan for how you get the money back into the UK...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              America - if I could get paid what I do here but live there I think I'd be very happy
              My sister spent several years in California. The place was fairly nice but she couldn't stand living in a country where everyone is "brainwashed".
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Greece. Bear with me.

Great climate, great people, great food, great culture.

Easy access to the rest of Europe / EU. Good infrastructure for remote working.

Living expenses 30% less than most other EU countries.

Property is cheap.

English widely spoken.

Economy turning around from the crash and likely to continue to do so.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

That's because you and I hang out in very different places.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    That is so true. Never worked there but friends have and I visited them a few times. Bunch of hypocrites as they want you to think they're all abstemious and pious.

No point doing six months. You need to do a full tax year and plan for how you get the money back into the UK...
                    Awwww...really? a full year? there has to be a way around that. Extended family kids growing up too fast. At my age I could pop off any minute. Can't risk more than six months.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Greece. Bear with me.

Great climate, great people, great food, great culture.

Property is cheap.

English widely spoken.

Economy turning around from the crash and likely to continue to do so.
                      Tempting...very tempting....

Comment

Working...
                      X