• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How could this job be outside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How could this job be outside IR35?

An Indian agency tell me they want to hire me as a contractor because I once worked for the same client 2 years ago.She said the daily rate is 300£ per day for the same job and said this contract is outside IR35. But I was paid 500£ per day when I worked for this client 2 years ago. The end client is a big company. This Indian agency has offices in many countries, so I think it should be a big agency.
    I wonder how could this job be outside IR35? Should I trust her? Will HRMC ask the "IR35 tax" from me in the future?

No. You should not trust them.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by smilesmile
      An Indian agency told me they want to hire me as a contractor because I once worked for the same client 2 years ago.She said the daily rate is 300£ per day for the same job and told me this contract job is outside IR35. But I was paid 500£ per day when I worked for this client 2 years ago. The end client is a big company. This Indian agency has offices in many countries, so I think it should be a big agency.
      I wonder how could this job be outside IR35? Should I trust her? Will HRMC ask the "IR35 tax" from me in the future?
      Step 1 - read what IR35 is - help to the left --------------------->
      Step 2 - don't trust agencies
      Step 3 - At the moment it's your responsibility to determine the IR35 status - help to the left --------------------->
      Step 4 - In 2 months time all may change - read this https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ir35-reform/
      Step 5 - make sure you've not posted the same question twice in the same forum..... @Mods please do the needful

And yes. HMRC may want the IR35 tax if you get it wrong.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Step 1 - read what IR35 is - help to the left --------------------->
        Step 2 - don't trust agencies
        Step 3 - At the moment it's your responsibility to determine the IR35 status - help to the left --------------------->
        Step 4 - In 2 months time all may change - read this https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ir35-reform/
        Step 5 - make sure you've not posted the same question twice in the same forum..... @Mods please do the needful

And yes. HMRC may want the IR35 tax if you get it wrong.

Thank you!
        I am so sorry to send the message twice. I didn't found the first message I posted. So, I post it again. It is my first time to post on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by smilesmile View Post
          Thank you!
          I am so sorry to send the message twice. I didn't found the first message I posted. So, I post it again. It is my first time to post on this forum.

I've merged the two threads into 1
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ring your contact at the client from when you were there last and see what's what.

Comment

Also check out the Indian agency thread: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...rating-uk.html

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
                Ring your contact at the client from when you were there last and see what's what.
                ^^ this. If you left on good terms then there is no harm calling / emailling the person you worked with last time and asking.

You may even find they suggest a different agency...

Comment

Why are you even this far in? As soon as they said it was an Indian outsourcer you should have said no thanks. Ok times are hard so maybe worth hearing them out but as soon as they said £300 you should have hung up. Previously 500 and they want 300 and you are still talking to them?

Spam your contacts at the clients as said and then move on.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Why are you even this far in? As soon as they said it was an Indian outsourcer you should have said no thanks. Ok times are hard so maybe worth hearing them out but as soon as they said £300 you should have hung up. Previously 500 and they want 300 and you are still talking to them?

Spam your contacts at the clients as said and then move on.

Yes, I have refused it.
                    This IR35 is a stupid game that UK government force more UK companies to outsource jobs to Indian agency without saving any money. The IR35 just can create bigger profit for Indian middle-man agents. Only those Indian outsourcing agents are the winner.

Comment

Working...
                    X