• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 contract deemed inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
    Update: Agency are saying not to worry about contract moving from outside to inside as HMRC won’t look retrospectively ??...am not convinced totally by that !! This is a big agency and they are saying don’t worry ?
    I had the same patter from the small consultancy I work via. The director of which has been caught up in the loan charge business, which just makes it all rather laughable that he thinks I'll be safe should ClientCo decide I'm inside.

Remember: it's not their risk to take - it's you with the target on your back (potentially) if you move from outside to inside at the same client, doing the same job.

Name and shame the agency. It helps others here know who is being sensible or not when looking for work.

Comment

Yep the agency doesn't care about your tax situation, they will say anything just to get you to sign on the dotted line.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I am taking it with a pinch of salt...I am not assured at all that it won't be retrospective if you stay at same client doing same role...

Comment

I am taking it with a pinch of salt...I am not assured at all that it won't be retrospective if you stay at same client doing same role...
          I think we're all taking shares in salt producers

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I think we're all taking shares in salt producers
            All HMRC guidance should be prefaced with a picture of the Great Salt Lake.

Comment

I came on here for some help/advice not to be spoken to like an idiot ...it puts new people off asking as those who deem themselves the "experts" talk down to newbies...which isn't helpful or the purpose of this website which I thought it was to offer advice, support and share knowledge as contractors...
              Get used to it. You will find real good gems among those banters!

Comment

Update: Agency are saying not to worry about contract moving from outside to inside as HMRC won’t look retrospectively ??...am not convinced totally by that !! This is a big agency and they are saying don’t worry ?
                If the director is willing to personally sign a deed of trust to cover the cost and losses from any tax investigation - I would accept his judgement.

Otherwise the advice is worth the paper it is written on.
                Last edited by madame SasGuru; 29 January 2020, 11:51.

Comment

Five years of holiday allowance back paid as compensation?

How far back can a worker claim holiday pay where they have not taken any annual leave because it would not have been paid? | Brodies Blog
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That's got much fun written all over it.

Comment

Pension entitlements will be fun too...

Comment

Working...
                      X