• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 contract deemed inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
    I came on here for some help/advice not to be spoken to like an idiot ...it puts new people off asking as those who deem themselves the "experts" talk down to newbies...which isn't helpful or the purpose of this website which I thought it was to offer advice, support and share knowledge as contractors...
    Ditto the above, no-one has said anything out turn here. You've gotten very clear and straightforward responses and a link to useful information. What more were you expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      My point was that it makes you not one of the low-hanging fruit -
      I agree weith that that.
      It's just that you used the phrase 'eliminates all risk'... We wouldn't want the noobs to read that and take it literally.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I agree weith that that.
        It's just that you used the phrase 'eliminates all risk'... We wouldn't want the noobs to read that and take it literally.
        Wasn't me pal, I advised that it would take you away from the low-hanging fruit, someone else said it eliminates all risk.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Wasn't me pal, I advised that it would take you away from the low-hanging fruit, someone else said it eliminates all risk.
          oops may bad.
          I did wonder as that's not normally like you.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My point was that it makes you not one of the low-hanging fruit -
            That might be true if HMRC applied any visible logic to who they would investigate and try to charge - but given their success rate it doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

The retro investigation by HMRC in the public sector suggests leave is the best action, almost a no-brainer.
              What about switching to perm at the same client, but then doing 'permie' activities like interviewing, appraisals, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                What about switching to perm at the same client, but then doing 'permie' activities like interviewing, appraisals, etc?
                Eh?

I had to read that twice and I still don't understand your logic.

You've gone from outside contractor, deciding your own status, to a permanent position with the same client doing the same job.

How do you think that this protects you from a retrospective investigation into the contract you held before you went permanent?

Take a moment, we can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Eh?

I had to read that twice and then I realized who you were so gave up.
                  FTFY
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Update: Agency are saying not to worry about contract moving from outside to inside as HMRC won’t look retrospectively ??...am not convinced totally by that !! This is a big agency and they are saying don’t worry ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
                      Update: Agency are saying not to worry about contract moving from outside to inside as HMRC won’t look retrospectively [emoji849][emoji848]...am not convinced totally by that !! This is a big agency and they are saying don’t worry [emoji6]
                      They have to o cover it or else they will lose there business.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X