• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rates in Switzerland

How much would you say is the equivalent of daily rates in Swiss?
    For 600,700,800 gbp per day in London?

Originally posted by Skag View Post
    How much would you say is the equivalent of daily rates in Swiss?
    For 600,700,800 gbp per day in London?
    1200, 1400, 1600 CHF

and don't expect any veg with your stodgy food served by bad tempered feckwits

Comment

So double up. I was told that this was the rule of thumb.
      Last edited by Skag; 30 January 2020, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        1200, 1400, 1600 CHF

WHS on rates.

They expect you to have the green salad starter. And they’re no different to Londoners.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The daily rate depends on the exchange rate.In 2008 I was on CHF1100 and in 2011 on CHF 850. The rate today would be CHF 750.
          The rates are determined by what German contractors can earn in their own country.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            1200, 1400, 1600 CHF

Hmm.. I have never seen these kind of rates in CHF when compared to similar roles in UK. Would you say this is recent also?

6/7/800 GBP I would have taught would roughly translate to 900 -> 1200 CHF based on similar roles I have been looking at in both places

Comment

Originally posted by jf2010 View Post
              Hmm.. I have never seen these kind of rates in CHF when compared to similar roles in UK. Would you say this is recent also?

6/7/800 GBP I would have taught would roughly translate to 900 -> 1200 CHF based on similar roles I have been looking at in both places
              Indeed, rates have come down since the Swiss Franc appreciated.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X