• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any clue how many of your fellow contractors are going inside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Why is it surprising many stayed? Be inside IR35 and have an income and start applying for something else or sit on the bench and have nothing, not a difficult choice for most.
    Stay on and receive your IR35 investigation in the post.

I understand why people choose to risk it, but there seem to be an awful lot have no awareness of any risk at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

I understand why people choose to risk it, but there seem to be an awful lot have no awareness of any risk at all.
      Look at some of, well most of, the posts in the last month. It will give you a clue of the general contractors awareness of what they do.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How can you be so certain?

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post
          I'm not certain at all, what is certain is nobody knows how HMRC are going to play this.

Given their track record it is not a risk I'd like to take if I was years into a client and told to move inside IR35.

Comment

He's not certain, just applying a risk profile to a possible outcome.

Comment

I'm not certain at all, what is certain is nobody knows how HMRC are going to play this.

Given their track record it is not a risk I'd like to take if I was years into a client and told to move inside IR35.

The folk I know of who are staying here aren't years in - but they do want to stay until the project ends in a year a so.

There isn't much awareness of IR35 which I find odd, but there it is.

Comment

Fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Look at some of, well most of, the posts in the last month. It will give you a clue of the general contractors awareness of what they do.
                  It's even worse in the "real world". The regulars here tend to be more clued on average.

You can't, but why risk it?

The fact is that it would be too good of an opportunity for HMRC to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    It's even worse in the "real world". The regulars here tend to be more clued on average.

You can't, but why risk it?

The fact is that it would be too good of an opportunity for HMRC to miss.
                    +1 to all of this.

Comment

Most of the people in my team are contractors, everyone will be switched to inside ir35 and, as far as I know, everyone is staying.

No permie role being offered. Inside or leave.

Will be fun if hmrc decide to do a retrospective investigation (which I believe they'll do), as some of my colleagues have been here for 4+ years.

Comment

Working...
                      X