• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any clue how many of your fellow contractors are going inside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    If HMRC took you to court and interviewed you client (as they do) would your client say you were defo outside IR35 ? As they now say you were inside
    Difficult to say. They definately made efforts in the last year to move everyone towards 'more outside' IR35. Who knows basically.

So in the office every day working on an agile project just like a permie would do?
    No, working from my own office 4 days out of 5 (stakeholders geographically dispersed and I am not a member of the scrum team), using my phone but their laptop, have a security pass but that's it. Certainly not 'treated as an employee' in any other respects: not in company comms, can't park at the office etc etc

Rough calc is £30K liability + HMRC interest per year extra
    Holy crap! Seriously?

Not that I don't trust you but can I ask for a second opinion? Anyone?

I am NOT risking that kind of slap. That's a life-altering amount right there.

Comment

What we're you expecting? Pocket change?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What we're you expecting? Pocket change?
        I was not expecting £30k a year + extras.

Any stats available on qty of prosecutions? Either since 1999 or 2017?

Comment

no.

Comment

Originally posted by SouWester View Post
            I was not expecting £30k a year + extras.

Any stats available on qty of prosecutions? Either since 1999 or 2017?
            What's that got to do with anything? That's the old days before clients gave HMRC everything they need.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              no.
              Are you suggesting he was motivated to register because his other accounts got banned and nothing to do with IR35 at all?

Comment

Are you suggesting he was motivated to register because his other accounts got banned and nothing to do with IR35 at all?
                you may say that.
                i couldn't possibly comment.

Comment

There is a slight whiff of Gricer about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    There is a slight whiff of Gricer about that one.
                    BR14? I agree. Mods!!

Comment

Are you divining some meaning from "no. 1."? I keep see that every time I go to post...

Asking about prosecutions because if there are known to have been loads I will be extra risk-averse, and if there are known to have been few I might unclench a little. Appreciate this is a brave new world but just seeking to gain some understanding of risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X