• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothing to worry about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouC View Post
    I've got a good friend who works in the public sector - works in management.

He says after it all died down they started giving out lots of outside ir35 contracts, so don't worry, the private sector will be the same in a year's time.

Anyone else heard the same about the public sector ? I thought all their contracts now were inside ir35...
    I spent a year at boe we were all outside, ditto fca.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      I spent a year at boe we were all outside, ditto fca.
      I applied to 2 gigs at BoE in the last few months and bother were inside.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A slightly unusual thing I've noticed in recent weeks, is that (in my field) a lot of the contract roles with the Government explicitly say Outside IR35, which I thought no longer happened. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
          A slightly unusual thing I've noticed in recent weeks, is that (in my field) a lot of the contract roles with the Government explicitly say Outside IR35, which I thought no longer happened. What gives?
          Proper assessment of the requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by LouC View Post
            I've got a good friend who works in the public sector - works in management.

He says after it all died down they started giving out lots of outside ir35 contracts, so don't worry, the private sector will be the same in a year's time.

Anyone else heard the same about the public sector ? I thought all their contracts now were inside ir35...
            I’ve never had an inside public sector role
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I’ve never had an inside public sector role
              I had a brief one. Oddly enough because you get paid net rather than balancing divis I've never been so well off lol.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I applied to 2 gigs at BoE in the last few months and bother were inside.
                I worked at both BoE and FCA. Definitely inside now but previously outside before the public sector IR35 changes a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I think it's going to take a lot more than a year or two before any of the major decisions are reversed to start making any difference. That's the optimistic side of me. I don't forsee some of the big players ever coming back.
                  I agree with this. Things will eventually get better, as they are getting better in the public sector, but it will never be the same.

I also don't think any big banks will ever go back. The largest majority of them have historically used and treated contractors as employees in disguise so leaving things as they are (everyone inside) is just the easiest and least effort solution for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maka344 View Post
                    I worked at both BoE and FCA. Definitely inside now but previously outside before the public sector IR35 changes a couple of years ago.
                    Nope, I went from fca to boe finishing end of last year both outside and after public sector changes. Boe made much of giving us all personal letters stating we were outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                      Nope, I went from fca to boe finishing end of last year both outside and after public sector changes. Boe made much of giving us all personal letters stating we were outside.
                      So let us agree that it depends. Both offer both. Neither offers one or the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X