• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remote day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my central European client, they had a lot of contractors from Romania on a fairly low rate (70% of my rate).

First time I did a week remote, my pimp's accountant contacted me to tell me my i didn't adjust my invoice for this (timesheet onsite / remote days were listed separate).

After speaking with my pimp, I found out my rate was the same but the Romanian guys rates were reduced by 50% for remote work. A bit of a p-take by the client / pimp.

One Romanian worked a full 50% of his time offsite despite having a full-time apartment in town.

Comment

Originally posted by herman_g View Post

After speaking with my pimp, I found out my rate was the same but the Romanian guys rates were reduced by 50% for remote work. A bit of a p-take by the client / pimp.
      was this not specified in the contract you signed?

Comment

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
        Is it typical to take a lower day rate on the days you work remote? I've not come across it before, seems a bit thrifty for me. On one of my previous projects I spent a whole month remote on the same day rate. It was only £430 per day but even still.
        Look how big my willy is.....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Look how big my willy is.....
          I think you've misunderstood what was meant when someone mentioned you and 'biggest knob on the forums' in the same post.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
            was this not specified in the contract you signed?
            I've been working mostly for the same pimp for going on 12 years. I count him among my friends - we tend to get together and hang out whenever we are one or two countries away from each other.

From time to time, little surprises come up between what he agreed with the client and what I agreed with him.

I don't get all excited about it as he's always made adjustments on the current contract or the next one. After 30 years of contracting you mellow out a bit.
            Last edited by herman_g; 6 February 2020, 20:41.

Comment

Why not? Just consider it a remote contract and you are charging extra when on site.

Comment

Working...
              X