• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 contract review - quick turnaround?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 contract review - quick turnaround?

I’m expecting a contract this evening. Usually use Qdos 1 day turnaround option but they’ve suspended this due to demand.

Anyone have any other recommendations for a similar service?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

IR35 Contract Reviews | IR35 Insurance | Bauer & Cottrell

It says 5 days but quicker for urgent cases, so worth calling and asking

Comment

Thanks, will take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

What has the client determined this contract to be? Signing contracts without a determination at this stage could be the start of a right mess IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          What has the client determined this contract to be? Signing contracts without a determination at this stage could be the start of a right mess IMO.
          This^

Just come off the phone with a potential client whom I was informed was outside IR35. I raised the point again, just to make certain, and now they say the matter is "in the USA at head office with their lawyers." Huh?

They then wanted to push to get the whole contract signed off, as if I waited for a decision from the USA "the contract will probably be gone by then."

Yeah, right.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

I've given my agencies deadlines to get a contract by (e.g. Tuesday/wednesday for a Monday start) and told them that delay in supplying it will delay the start. This isn't unreasonable, it's not like they have to sit down with paper and a quill to write each new contract that comes up. It's the same word document that everyone else gets, and they should be able to supply it without delay.

You still get clients releasing the PO last minute on Friday (perhaps to ward off any reviews) and I have indeed shifted the start date to fit the contract review accordingly. Sorry - but you were told!

If you want to sign just anything - you might not need a review to tell you your status
            Last edited by PerfectStorm; 5 February 2020, 17:41.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              This^

Just come off the phone with a potential client whom I was informed was outside IR35. I raised the point again, just to make certain, and now they say the matter is "in the USA at head office with their lawyers." Huh?

They then wanted to push to get the whole contract signed off, as if I waited for a decision from the USA "the contract will probably be gone by then."

Yeah, right.
              Well, it might go - to someone who doesn't care about such things.

I'm sure you've had the line from agents, "we've got tons of contractors at that client and none of them have queried the contract"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Well, it might go - to someone who doesn't care about such things.

I'm sure you've had the line from agents, "we've got tons of contractors at that client and none of them have queried the contract"
                Oh, I'm sure it will. It was just the initial ignorance of any IR35 issues until they were pushed - at which point it was "in the USA with their lawyers"..

EDIT: As regards the Agent: completely silent on the matter, even though I stated quite clearly at the start of the process - in writing - that I would only consider it if it was clearly outside of IR35 (and I even put the whole line in CAPITALS!) I guess reading isn't one of their primary skills..
                Last edited by nomadd; 5 February 2020, 18:25.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Not sure about that.

If you sign a contract that has your LTD being paid the full day rate + VAT, it would need a contract change as part of putting you inside. You can then decline the new offer....

IANAL
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Not sure about that.

If you sign a contract that has your LTD being paid the full day rate + VAT, it would need a contract change as part of putting you inside. You can then decline the new offer....

IANAL
                    I don't think that's correct, I may be mistaken? My understanding was that a contract change was not necessary for a change in status determination. You may determine it outside now, the client may determine the same contract inside when the liability shifts.

Comment

Working...
                    X