• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 contract review - quick turnaround?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because, we assume, he hasn't has his determination yet.
    Ah right. You learn something every day. I never knew when you got QDOS to review your contract that your client immediately provided a matching determination.

Clever though.

Why don't more people do that?
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Oh, I'm sure it will. It was just the initial ignorance of any IR35 issues until they were pushed - at which point it was "in the USA with their lawyers"..

EDIT: As regards the Agent: completely silent on the matter, even though I stated quite clearly at the start of the process - in writing - that I would only consider it if it was clearly outside of IR35 (and I even put the whole line in CAPITALS!) I guess reading isn't one of their primary skills..
      When he pulls the offer(most likely if you don't accept it as it is), make sure that you get in touch with one of the managers via linkedin or someone you know in the company and show them the discussion.
      The agent&agency should be getting a slap on wrist at least. Although it is still business as usual...

Comment

Working...
      X