• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial Services London - Are all us BA_PMs obsolete? What next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
    BA, London Insurance Market, current outside IR35 gig which is remaining so for the foreseeable. (Contractors assessed individually, and I was determined outside).

Watching from a distance relieved to be in a "safe" seat while the changes come into play, but keeping my eyes firmly open on the permanent market. If current trend continues, I suspect next role will be permanent.

Sensible! - like the "safe seat" analogy. I'm finding it hard to get traction on Perm applications direct on Financial Services careers sites (HSBC, JPM, UBS etc.)... I have the option to go Perm with current client, if it was any other firm I would jump at it!

Comment

I'm a programme manager in Business Transformation and have been confirmed as outside IR35 - just had contract renewed for another 6 months. Definitely do not believe I am remotely close to obsolete and expect to continue as is

Comment

Originally posted by speckledjim View Post
        I'm a programme manager in Business Transformation and have been confirmed as outside IR35 - just had contract renewed for another 6 months. Definitely do not believe I am remotely close to obsolete and expect to continue as is
        Many congratulations.

Could I ask some impertinent questions?

1. Has the contract been reviewed by the client or a Qdos type entity?
        2. The above is wondering / checking if the client is up on April etc.?
        3. Also wondering if the client is one of those included in the responsibility of such. I.E. Not a Small company
        4. If affirmative to all of the above, did the client perform their own SDS or bring in help from a Qdos type entity?

All this just to get a feel of how the positive outcomes are brought about.

Again, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
          Many congratulations.

Could I ask some impertinent questions?

1. Has the contract been reviewed by the client or a Qdos type entity?
          2. The above is wondering / checking if the client is up on April etc.?
          3. Also wondering if the client is one of those included in the responsibility of such. I.E. Not a Small company
          4. If affirmative to all of the above, did the client perform their own SDS or bring in help from a Qdos type entity?

All this just to get a feel of how the positive outcomes are brought about.

Again, congrats.
          The client (not small) assessed all contractors and decided who was in and who was out. Most were defined as inside IR35 (rightly) but there were a v small number of us deemed outside. No idea if they got help from a third party.

Comment

The client (not small) assessed all contractors and decided who was in and who was out. Most were defined as inside IR35 (rightly) but there were a v small number of us deemed outside. No idea if they got help from a third party.
            They Used the GGW process

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              They Used the GGW process
              Go on I'll bite. What's GGW?

Comment

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GGW may refer to:

Girls Gone Wild (franchise), an adult entertainment company
                Glasgow station (Montana), a train station
                Glasgow Airport (Montana)
                Gogodala language
                Take your pick.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                  Go on I'll bite. What's GGW?
                  Goodguy GoodGuy waaannk

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Nice. Happy for you.
                    Can I send you my CV
                    I was being slightly churlish on the 'obsolete' comment but roles on the job boards, they are scant...

Comment

Agile is clearly the buzzword of the moment, but I've found that while lots of companies are trying to adopt it in one way or another, they're struggling to make it fit for certain types of projects. So getting an Agile cert and branding yourself as an Agile PM/Scrum Master seems to make sense unless you're really working as a true scrum master.

Comment

Working...
                      X