• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One rule for contractors another for permanent staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Inneresting...
    Yep: Just Another Troll.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      Hiring/line not specified billy. Back in your cage.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Not uncommon to be honest. Seen it loads of times....

Some client managers (not you're manager) like to have a bit of power it seems and make it look like the contractors aren't getting away with it. Current client is really pushing WFH because of lack of space. BUT team I work in the manager has decided that contractors don't get that "perk". Its annoying especially when I do them favours like do on call for TOIL instead of payment because they didnt have enough people. BUT, I guess some of them see you're rate and it annoys them.

Personally, and I know some will disagree, a lot of us work in teams with permies. Same job, same everything except how we're paid. Treating people differently because they are contractors is silly in this case.

Worse one I had was where client had a "contractor" area. Crap end of the office. Not allowed to sit with permies in same team. Bit childish this was.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

a whole different world, call centers.
          glad i don't have to do it.

Comment

opposite

one place I worked, the contractors got to work from home, but the permies got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Age quod agis View Post
              one place I worked, the contractors got to work from home, but the permies got nothing.
              It should be something you agree with the pimp and client before you accept the contract. If I can't work from my own office or home for the majority of the time, (only visiting client site for demo, training staff, releases) then I don't take the gig. But I guess that depends on your role.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
                It should be something you agree with the pimp and client before you accept the contract. If I can't work from my own office or home for the majority of the time, (only visiting client site for demo, training staff, releases) then I don't take the gig. But I guess that depends on your role.
                Naff all to do with the pump. It's an arrangement with the client

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Naff all to do with the pump. It's an arrangement with the client
                  But you normally get pumped by the agent.....
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
                    in theory that is exactly what you should do...

but reality given the state of the market now, people would take any contract that comes their way and not be picky about it. Its easy to say if client/pimp don't agree then you don't take the gig but that gig might be your only shot of work for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Not uncommon to be honest. Seen it loads of times....

Some client managers (not you're manager) like to have a bit of power it seems and make it look like the contractors aren't getting away with it. Current client is really pushing WFH because of lack of space. BUT team I work in the manager has decided that contractors don't get that "perk". Its annoying especially when I do them favours like do on call for TOIL instead of payment because they didnt have enough people. BUT, I guess some of them see you're rate and it annoys them.

Personally, and I know some will disagree, a lot of us work in teams with permies. Same job, same everything except how we're paid. Treating people differently because they are contractors is silly in this case.

Worse one I had was where client had a "contractor" area. Crap end of the office. Not allowed to sit with permies in same team. Bit childish this was.
                      Never seen it wrong this way before...
                      Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Working...
                      X