• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deutsche - FTC with day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    squinting my eyeballs it sounds like:

Everyone is PAYE
    45 week max working day 'contract' = 225 working days
    35/38 non-working days paid leave included in the deal. 45weeks+7 weeks off=52 weeks.

Programme Managers/Planning managers at DB will be expecting that this will end well for their delivery schedules when everyone sods off in July and August for almost two months paid in the Med.
    I'm with RS at DB as well ... but the 45 week tenure ... does that mean they want to stop rolling us year on year ?

Or will I just get a new contract with a "different role" and get another year ... ?

Comment

A few people have mentioned that they are going to push people to go perm when the 45 week tenure is up and those that are not must be out for 12 weeks before they are to return to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
        I'm with RS at DB as well ... but the 45 week tenure ... does that mean they want to stop rolling us year on year ?

Or will I just get a new contract with a "different role" and get another year ... ?
        Yes they want to stop it.

You have to look at it from HMRC perspective. They are trying to remove all disguised permies, if you are just switching roles within the same company, at the same location, that is a red flag imho.

Personally, I would have like to have seen some sort of an alignment with the 24 month expenses rule and no return to same client within 18 months.

Comment

I'm happy with PAYE.... just wish that someone would tell us...
          Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
            A few people have mentioned that they are going to push people to go perm when the 45 week tenure is up and those that are not must be out for 12 weeks before they are to return to the bank.
            It must vary from team to team as they are converting some people to perm now.

Who knows what will happen after the 45 weeks is up?

Comment

Secret Squirrel Silver ball meet up at Winchester House

Any other DB cukers fancy meeting up to have a chat ?

Based in Winchester house so could meet at the silver ball at a set time ?

DM if interested

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
                It must vary from team to team as they are converting some people to perm now.

Who knows what will happen after the 45 weeks is up?
                It must do as I know areas are finding ways around the ban of PSC's.

Anyway as it is my last day with DB I will reject the PAYE offer of a contract on my way out! Sent a reminder email to sign every single day since Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  It must do as I know areas are finding ways around the ban of PSC's.

Anyway as it is my last day with DB I will reject the PAYE offer of a contract on my way out! Sent a reminder email to sign every single day since Friday.
                  Mightily curious about this - are they going through an intermediary?

I'm leaving DB as well, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                    Yes they want to stop it.

You have to look at it from HMRC perspective. They are trying to remove all disguised permies, if you are just switching roles within the same company, at the same location, that is a red flag imho.

Personally, I would have like to have seen some sort of an alignment with the 24 month expenses rule and no return to same client within 18 months.
                    Me too. Wouldn't that be a very simple approach to determining permies from contractors? Problem solved. 18 month limit for assignments and expenses. Stay longer and you're a perm.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post
                      Mightily curious about this - are they going through an intermediary?

I'm leaving DB as well, btw.
                      I have heard that it will be a consultancy. Seeing as DB have not gone the way of HSBC and LLoyds then it is probably an option.

Comment

Working...
                      X