• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deutsche - FTC with day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB are happy for anyone to work there considering the dire financial situation they are in!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      DB are happy for anyone to work there considering the dire financial situation they are in!
      Quite a stiffening read: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...its-old-normal

Glad we're out of the EU; a collapse of DB would bring it down.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Actually I come from a 20+ year business consultancy background with the occasional foray into big project delivery. Agile has little place in my world, and where it is used by teams subordinate to my role it is always inside a traditional waterfall overall plan.

And if you break it down far enough, Agile still works like waterfall, just with much easier work definitions and far more responsive delivery and problem resolutions. That said, it's great for software dev and similar but I won't be building a disaster-tolerant datacentre using it.

But wander too far along the Agile route and the best IR35 defence of deliverables based contracts is out of the window. Old fashioned techniques - the ones BoDs understand - still have their place.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Quite a stiffening read: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...its-old-normal

Glad we're out of the EU; a collapse of DB would bring it down.
          ONLY reason DB has not yet collapsed is its propped up by the EU & IMF to prevent contagion. Its an open secret on many Trade Floors in London its when not if I goes under!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
            ONLY reason DB has not yet collapsed is its propped up by the EU & IMF to prevent contagion. Its an open secret on many Trade Floors in London its when not if I goes under!
            The Greek Drachma worth more than the Euro eh?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              The Greek Drachma worth more than the Euro eh?
              Effectively yes that's correct!!

Comment

I'm at DB. All contractors have to move to paye contracts by 16th march or get 2 week termination activated. I'd love to stay but been there 4 years so can't risk it. Know plenty that have been there esp a year or less who are signing.

Comment

Originally posted by LouC View Post
                  I'm at DB. All contractors have to move to paye contracts by 16th march or get 2 week termination activated. I'd love to stay but been there 4 years so can't risk it. Know plenty that have been there esp a year or less who are signing.
                  Me too. Got my PAYE contract today and told to sign by 16th March.

However the existing LTD co contract goes on until 5th April.

Comment

squinting my eyeballs it sounds like:

Everyone is PAYE
                    45 week max working day 'contract' = 225 working days
                    35/38 non-working days paid leave included in the deal. 45weeks+7 weeks off=52 weeks.

Programme Managers/Planning managers at DB will be expecting that this will end well for their delivery schedules when everyone sods off in July and August for almost two months paid in the Med.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      If that is how a company wishes to manage a project it's up to them. And if you are developing in an agile methodology most companies would prefer to sell x days of development with delivery prioritised within the sprints that time has bought...

You come from an era of waterfall development which really isn't the modern PM way...
                      At the level these decisions are made they won't care - or possibly even know - what delivery methodology is used.

That said you are correct that it is up to companies how they resource these projects.

Comment

Working...
                      X