Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak is the Chancellor? Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak is the Chancellor? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posts 41 to 50 of 64
  1. #41

    King of updation

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perplexed View Post
    What people are forgetting is that companies already know the way Infosys et al work.

    Had to convert legacy Infosys code to a more modern architecture in one gig. Infosys code had been there for close to 15 years plus. Absolute pile of garbage, sod all documentation, tests were utterly pointless. Client had been paying them to patch the code, provide support for years, had been gouged badly.

    Most companies won't want to repeat the mistakes of offshoring.

    Using consultancies wtih a British base on site is a different matter.
    Ya think ?
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  2. #42

    Fingers like lightning

    mrdonuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    660

    Default

    UNLIMITED IT STAFF ON 24KPA
    =contract market destroyed + no need to worry about IR35 anymore

  3. #43

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdonuts View Post
    UNLIMITED IT STAFF ON 24KPA
    =contract market destroyed + no need to worry about IR35 anymore
    They were on 30K before. Does a 20% drop make much difference?

  4. #44

    Fingers like lightning

    mrdonuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossb2 View Post
    They were on 30K before. Does a 20% drop make much difference?
    maybe not but the UNLIMITED part will

  5. #45

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I had the misfortune of working for Infosys on a 3 months contract.
    They wanted me to come on time but have no fixed ending time like their workers back in India.
    Had to complain to my agency before they dropped this bs.

  6. #46

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perplexed View Post
    Most companies won't want to repeat the mistakes of offshoring.

    Using consultancies wtih a British base on site is a different matter.
    I disagree. Most companies will look at the bottom line. Consultancy costs are up front and real. The cost of Technical debt is hidden and re-paid up over time.

  7. #47

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Ya think ?
    How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

    Clients have no memory whatsoever.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  8. #48

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In a permanent state of hatred for orange goblins.
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    I disagree. Most companies will look at the bottom line. Consultancy costs are up front and real. The cost of Technical debt is hidden and re-paid up over time.
    Well aware of technical debt costs over time.

    Worked at several clients where the work involved replacing Infosys crap to provent client being gouged ad infinitum. They may be cheap but those clients have no intention of dealing with them again.

  9. #49

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perplexed View Post
    Worked at several clients where the work involved replacing Infosys crap to provent client being gouged ad infinitum. They may be cheap but those clients have no intention of dealing with them again.
    Yes, they'll get TCS in instead

    You're deluded if you think these companies will all of a sudden start demanding on-shore resources only.

  10. #50

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

    Clients have no memory whatsoever.
    Unfortunately the decision makers are often none technical and have no understanding of what a good delivery looks like. They are loathed to do any lessons learnt as the come back will be on them and will pass the blame onto the supplier when they are the numpties who should have got fired for hiring them in the first place. You often see "CTOs" doing the rounds going from one disaster to another before they have to carry the can.

    As soon as the usual suspects, Capastrophe, Crapita, Accenture are involved you know it's going to be a disaster. I've seen more delivered by a team of 3 good guys and no BS than legion of big consultancies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •