• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak is the Chancellor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    What people are forgetting is that companies already know the way Infosys et al work.

Had to convert legacy Infosys code to a more modern architecture in one gig. Infosys code had been there for close to 15 years plus. Absolute pile of garbage, sod all documentation, tests were utterly pointless. Client had been paying them to patch the code, provide support for years, had been gouged badly.

Most companies won't want to repeat the mistakes of offshoring.

Using consultancies wtih a British base on site is a different matter.
    Ya think ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

UNLIMITED IT STAFF ON 24KPA
      =contract market destroyed + no need to worry about IR35 anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
        UNLIMITED IT STAFF ON 24KPA
        =contract market destroyed + no need to worry about IR35 anymore
        They were on 30K before. Does a 20% drop make much difference?

Comment

Originally posted by rossb2 View Post
          They were on 30K before. Does a 20% drop make much difference?
          maybe not but the UNLIMITED part will

Comment

I had the misfortune of working for Infosys on a 3 months contract.
            They wanted me to come on time but have no fixed ending time like their workers back in India.
            Had to complain to my agency before they dropped this bs.

Comment

Most companies won't want to repeat the mistakes of offshoring.

Using consultancies wtih a British base on site is a different matter.
              I disagree. Most companies will look at the bottom line. Consultancy costs are up front and real. The cost of Technical debt is hidden and re-paid up over time.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Ya think ?
                How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

Clients have no memory whatsoever.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I disagree. Most companies will look at the bottom line. Consultancy costs are up front and real. The cost of Technical debt is hidden and re-paid up over time.
                  Well aware of technical debt costs over time.

Worked at several clients where the work involved replacing Infosys crap to provent client being gouged ad infinitum. They may be cheap but those clients have no intention of dealing with them again.

Comment

Worked at several clients where the work involved replacing Infosys crap to provent client being gouged ad infinitum. They may be cheap but those clients have no intention of dealing with them again.
                    Yes, they'll get TCS in instead

You're deluded if you think these companies will all of a sudden start demanding on-shore resources only.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

Clients have no memory whatsoever.
                      Unfortunately the decision makers are often none technical and have no understanding of what a good delivery looks like. They are loathed to do any lessons learnt as the come back will be on them and will pass the blame onto the supplier when they are the numpties who should have got fired for hiring them in the first place. You often see "CTOs" doing the rounds going from one disaster to another before they have to carry the can.

As soon as the usual suspects, Capastrophe, Crapita, Accenture are involved you know it's going to be a disaster. I've seen more delivered by a team of 3 good guys and no BS than legion of big consultancies.

Comment

Working...
                      X