• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and taxes in Netherlands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atais View Post
    Well I thought that there is a chance someone has done a similar thing and he/she could share the insights...

Thanks for trying guys, but I hope you understand that reading those two, completely different estimations, based on no evidence or calculations, does not convince me at all.

I will try contacting some accountants in NL and probably provide the answer on my own...
    Cheers.
    Please do feed back so that your research helps others in future.

Comment

Don't answer this troll anymore.
      Gave her a comprehensive answer and she ignores it. Hey I lived 38 years in that sh*thole so may know something

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Don't answer this troll anymore.
        Gave her a comprehensive answer and she ignores it. Hey I lived 38 years in that sh*thole so may know something
        I am a guy, but whatever.

I would not call your answer comprehensive, rather: general.
        Just like others you just put some random numbers, 1000 or 2000 euros, 100-200%, very low, very high...
        How am I supposed to use those to calculate my income?

I gave a precise hour rate and nobody provided any precise number out of that.
        Neither did nobody provide any details regarding the legal scheme I should use in my situation: BV, umbrella, perm, I don't know what else. Any comparison?

Last but not least, I am really surprised by the general rudeness towards my post.
        Linking unrelated threads or general NL tax rules is not helpful at all. Neither is stating that I must have not used google or search.

Really disappointed by this place so far...

But regarding:

Please do feed back so that your research helps others in future.
        Just because someone else might end up on this forum from google, like me, I will try to help them out with some useful info when I get it.

Peace.

Comment

What you have right now is a dream of 100 eur an hour, Amsterdam contractor market is as dead as London, why would someone hire you? Rather than a local resource ? Where agents are getting 1000’s of applicants per gig?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I am a guy, but whatever.

I would not call your answer comprehensive, rather: general.
            Just like others you just put some random numbers, 1000 or 2000 euros, 100-200%, very low, very high...
            How am I supposed to use those to calculate my income?

I gave a precise hour rate and nobody provided any precise number out of that.
            Neither did nobody provide any details regarding the legal scheme I should use in my situation: BV, umbrella, perm, I don't know what else. Any comparison?

Last but not least, I am really surprised by the general rudeness towards my post.
            Linking unrelated threads or general NL tax rules is not helpful at all. Neither is stating that I must have not used google or search.

Really disappointed by this place so far...

But regarding:

Just because someone else might end up on this forum from google, like me, I will try to help them out with some useful info when I get it.

Peace.
            So what you're saying is you want a bespoke, detailed quote for free from an anonymous internet forum.

Comment

Like many I have used the https://thetax.nl website only to find out it will be nothing like that. Obviously, I would like to benefit from the 30% ruling. But from what I understand most companies will not want to hire me as an employee. I could open the sole proprietorship but then I would not qualify for the ruling. So I would probably need an umbrella company or my own bv - and at that point I am totally lost in calculations. Do you know any details?
              Working as an independent freelancer (e.g. what would be 'outside IR35 in the UK) is called 'ZZP' in the Netherlands. Belastingdienst has published a standard contract that fulfil what they consider as working on an independent basis.

If not, then the hirer will require you to go on payroll. Most contracts are of the on-payroll kind.

The 30% ruling aside, if it's only you, then operating as a sole trader is more tax beneficial in the Netherlands than operating through a BV. But if you go the BV route, you will be employed by the BV and I believe you would be able to apply for the 30% ruling. You'll be required to take at least €45,000 on Dutch PAYE in order to have any other benefit from operating through a BV, as any dividends you take would otherwise be deemed as being salary instead.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                What you have right now is a dream of 100 eur an hour, Amsterdam contractor market is as dead as London, why would someone hire you? Rather than a local resource ? Where agents are getting 1000’s of applicants per gig?

This is why I dont bother with this forum....

Yes there is work in Amsterdam ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                  This is why I dont bother with this forum....

Yes there is work in Amsterdam ...
                  Where ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Where ?

Red lights district...

Comment

Hello.

I have seen many of you have some experience in contracting and taxes in Netherlands and I hope you could help me out a little.

First of all lets skip all the cost of living aspect. I would move to Amsterdam and live there for a while, so this is something I will calculate on my end after I understand the taxes.

I have seen offers paying 80-100 eur/h. I am an it guy btw.

Like many I have used the https://thetax.nl website only to find out it will be nothing like that. Obviously, I would like to benefit from the 30% ruling. But from what I understand most companies will not want to hire me as an employee. I could open the sole proprietorship but then I would not qualify for the ruling. So I would probably need an umbrella company or my own bv - and at that point I am totally lost in calculations. Do you know any details?

It looks like the regular employment would be much simpler solution but I am not sure any company would agree for that.

Thanks for any tips!
                      You have seen offers or you did get offers?
                      These rates are extremely rare in The Netherlands for IT roles. They are more likely to be in the €500 - 600 per day range, deduct the 30% tax, travel and living costs and you will find a £300 pd rate outside IR35 in your hometown has a better nett retention
                      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                      X