• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Qdos 42 questions - IR35 Assessment: Has anyone done it already?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to pay, it was £75 IIRC. It looked a different product from QDOS standard contract IR35 review.

I didn’t have the time to faff around with QDOS and for the sake of £75 I was able to start billing a day or two earlier than anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      If I had to pay £86 for insurance for a client to convince them to give me an outside determination, I think I'd probably find the money....
      The question isnt so much about the money, its more about what you get.
      I had a look at the questions and they are almost identical to the QDOS Working practices review which is only 50quid.

So what does the insurance give you. Come April the liability is on the end client.
      I may be looking at this wrong (and if I am please do correct me) but the insurance would be to indemnify the end client, so why are you paying for it?

To cover yourself (independently of the end client/agency) you should be paying for and completing your own working practices review and getting something like TLC35.

Comment

I just did it with existing client, paid £84 got an outside determination and they have verbally offered a 3 month extension. However with just over a week to go until the gig expires still no formal offer from the agency.

Comment

So few more contractors here have been asked to complete the questionnaire, I called up my agency and they have have also been tasked with getting any contractors they have placed to complete it, just haven't gotten round to calling me yet.

I asked them what it covers. Essentially they said they cant front the cost of the QDOS review for every one of their contractors so pass the cost onto the contractor, BUT with it you could indemnified if found with a wrongful classification.
          I asked for clarification as I thought the liability come April was with the end client (the consultancy) and if not them then the agency itself. Agent said yes it is, but in the insurance covers you in case the end client/agency cant pay or shut up shop then the liability falls on my ltdco.

Not sure about the validity of this. Is this the case?...that if hector come calling and the end client/agency (fee payer) cannot pay then the liability falls back on the contractor?

I am also going to call QDOS today to A) get confirmation on this and B) find out more about this insurance and how it differs from their TLC35 insurance which I have bought.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
            So few more contractors here have been asked to complete the questionnaire, I called up my agency and they have have also been tasked with getting any contractors they have placed to complete it, just haven't gotten round to calling me yet.

I asked them what it covers. Essentially they said they cant front the cost of the QDOS review for every one of their contractors so pass the cost onto the contractor, BUT with it you could indemnified if found with a wrongful classification.
            I asked for clarification as I thought the liability come April was with the end client (the consultancy) and if not them then the agency itself. Agent said yes it is, but in the insurance covers you in case the end client/agency cant pay or shut up shop then the liability falls on my ltdco.

Not sure about the validity of this. Is this the case?...that if hector come calling and the end client/agency (fee payer) cannot pay then the liability falls back on the contractor?

I am also going to call QDOS today to A) get confirmation on this and B) find out more about this insurance and how it differs from their TLC35 insurance which I have bought.
            Good idea. I was trying to do this over xmas but couldn't get hold of QDOS so I just completed the questionnaire. This allowed me to start on the planned date in early Jan but I haven't got round to speaking to QDOS yet... Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              Good idea. I was trying to do this over xmas but couldn't get hold of QDOS so I just completed the questionnaire. This allowed me to start on the planned date in early Jan but I haven't got round to speaking to QDOS yet... Let us know how you get on.
              I spoke to them yesterday.
              As suspected the insurance doesnt cover me (or my ltd) it covers the fee payer.

So my agency told me:
              If they get investigated and have to pay then this indemnifies them. If they shut up shop the the liability falls back onto me and this insurance would cover me (100k).

What QDOS Said:
              The insurance covers the fee payer (in this case the agency). If they cannot pay/shut up shop then the liability falls on the end client NOT my ltd...and in any case the QDOS insurance only covers the initial fee payer not myself or the end client.

The cost of the QDOS review is being passed onto contractors because the agencies cant afford to pay it. Thats the reason. It doesnt give any insurance to the contractor, just assurance that they are operating correctly (obv based on results and determination).

I also enquired about the qdos working practices review and why that is cheaper but with the same questions.

The working practices review only gives you an opinion of your role based off the questionnaire, the commercial one has two sides. The working practices review AND a role assessment review that is completed by the hiring manager (its roughly 10 questions). Together they give you an SDS.

Comment

roughly 10 questions
                does anyone know what these 10 questions are?

Comment

Originally posted by naywansteepanuf View Post
                  Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by naywansteepanuf View Post
                    I have got a copy of them.
                    I am not sure if i can put it up on the forum.
                    If you want them PM me.

Regards
                    Wasim

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
                      I have got a copy of them.
                      I am not sure if i can put it up on the forum.
                      If you want them PM me.

Regards
                      Wasim
                      Hi Wasim,

Please could you PM me a copy of the Questions? Or possibly email them across? I can’t seem to PM you at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X