• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CWjobs commute time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWjobs commute time

Just noticed an interesting feature on the CWjobs search engine. The ability to search jobs within a given travel time, as opposed to distance. A good idea, but I can't make it return a single job. Anybody have better luck ?

Example https://www.cwjobs.co.uk/jobs/linux/...qh?duration=90

no

Comment

LinkedIn has such a feature too but it doesn't seem to work outside the US.

I suspect it's somewhat flawed as what I can achieve in an hour, with good timing and brisk walking, may take someone else 90+ minutes...

Comment

It's a flawed idea. For e.g. from Birmingham to Euston, fast train takes 1 hr 15min, whereas cheapest train takes approx. 2 hours 32 minutes. How do they then calculate commute time?

They must be fully aware of this. What I suspect they are doing is collect post codes of the visitors so that they can come with some sort of heat map which then could be used for something else.
        Last edited by BigDataPro; 18 February 2020, 20:15.

Comment

Actually thought it was working for me, but then I realised that every contract that came up in London has exactly the same commute time

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
            What I suspect they are doing is collect post codes of the visitors so that they can come with some sort of heat map which then could be used for something else.
            I presumed it must be some kind of mash up with Google maps/routing. Perhaps more effective for cars than trains.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
              It's a flawed idea. For e.g. from Birmingham to Euston, fast train takes 1 hr 15min, whereas cheapest train takes approx. 2 hours 32 minutes. How do they then calculate commute time?

They must be fully aware of this. What I suspect they are doing is collect post codes of the visitors so that they can come with some sort of heat map which then could be used for something else.
              Or if your actual train company is reliable and able to leave the station given our standards of trains

Comment

Seems to work: https://www.cwjobs.co.uk/jobs/in-se1-7tp?duration=45
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X