• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client saying insurance is "Compulsary"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get on the framework the Welsh Gov uses I had to get £10m of public liability and professional indemnity; premium with Hiscox went up a chunk - but not too much.

Paid off though....got the contract I was after :-)

Comment

Have you tried these guys, think you can toggle cover on and off

Insurance for Contractors | Dinghy
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
        To get on the framework the Welsh Gov uses I had to get £10m of public liability and professional indemnity; premium with Hiscox went up a chunk - but not too much.

Paid off though....got the contract I was after :-)
        Do you recall what the quote was? I could contact them myself but I'm lazy

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Do you recall what the quote was? I could contact them myself but I'm lazy
          You made me wonder...so I checked the certificates.

Per year
          Professional indemnity: £1,000,000 = £275.22
          Public and products liability: £10,000,000 = £367.44

Thought I had 10mil for each but guess PI wasn't so high for the framework - I know when I applied I did the minimum required insurance....

FYI: If you ever have the pleasure of using a framework administered by Bloom Procurement Services (does Welsh Gov amongst others) be prepared to phone their accounts department EVERY month to sort out their mistakes.
          Last edited by David71; 25 February 2020, 18:15.

Comment

Working...
          X