• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Confidential Executive Resourcing Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiGi18 View Post
    Did you end up having dealings with them? Been contacted recently. Were you advised to get a CV review?
    How much would they charge you?

I'm sure that it would be cheaper for you to contact Matt Craven and get him to look at it for you.

Or contact Simonmac - he swears by the CV rewrite he had.

Any recruiter suggesting that you need to get your CV reviewed means that they make money on your subsequent answer...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

CV Scam??

Originally posted by GiGi18 View Post
      Did you end up having dealings with them? Been contacted recently. Were you advised to get a CV review?
      yes i was recommended. Very dubious that this is just a fishing expedition to get people to apply and then tell them that they should get a CV review

Comment

Had exactly the same today! I have a 4 page CV, which for 20 odd years is relatively concise, and recommended to have a pro cut that down to 2-3 pages... In honesty I was trying to do just that but have zero new idea of what a 'modern, punchy' CV would look like

Comment

Originally posted by Loofah View Post
          Had exactly the same today! I have a 4 page CV, which for 20 odd years is relatively concise, and recommended to have a pro cut that down to 2-3 pages... In honesty I was trying to do just that but have zero new idea of what a 'modern, punchy' CV would look like
          I don't have my entire career on my CV. It only goes back to 2012/13. I refer people to LinkedIn if they want to know what I was doing in the nineties

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            For roles between 500 and 1200 a day
            Cv review for £500 a day anyone ?

Yep exactly the same on both counts here! Would be interested to know how many others got a similar response.

(And funnily enough never actually around to discuss the actual role or provide any further details...smells a bit fishy tbh, more like drumming up business for the CV firm than actual roles being available)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I don't have my entire career on my CV. It only goes back to 2012/13. I refer people to LinkedIn if they want to know what I was doing in the nineties
              Stunningly simple and good idea! I now feel quite dumb not to clock it before...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Indeed. It'd be a long bugger if you did....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Stunningly simple and good idea! I now feel quite dumb not to clock it before...
                  Don't worry. Common sense and all the advice on google escapes a lot of people in these days it seems....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Client Confidential Executive Resouring - CV Scam?

Originally posted by CatOnMat View Post
                    Yep exactly the same on both counts here! Would be interested to know how many others got a similar response.

(And funnily enough never actually around to discuss the actual role or provide any further details...smells a bit fishy tbh, more like drumming up business for the CV firm than actual roles being available)
                    Having seen the other responses i won't be dealing any further with them/him/nobody - if it looks like a scam, it smells like a scam and it feels like a scam then.....

Exactly same bs about creating a "modern, punchy, CV" - "really interested, but you need a more modern, punchy cv" - yeah right, written by your mate/yourself youre getting a big whack from. Think ill pass lol

Comment

Originally posted by canarydan View Post
                      Having seen the other responses i won't be dealing any further with them/him/nobody - if it looks like a scam, it smells like a scam and it feels like a scam then.....

Exactly same bs about creating a "modern, punchy, CV" - "really interested, but you need a more modern, punchy cv" - yeah right, written by your mate/yourself youre getting a big whack from. Think ill pass lol
                      Had the same call today from <mod snip>, need a more punch CV.
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 20 July 2021, 10:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X