• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 rates coming down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to turn this into another long post,
    But you will won't you...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

he Must have a bigger line count than JohntheBore by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Disguised Contractor View Post

Yes. And you missed out compliance hell, even after you get awarded the gig, because you can't satisfy the extreme and obscure paperwork demands the agency has agreed to on your behalf.
        Eh? The paperwork isn't going to be any different to what you'd need to supply as a permie for a given business / role (i.e. finance might need more info/detail than a dull manufacturer of commodity widgets), with the exception that as a contractor, you also supply your business details / insurance / VAT etc.

In fact, I've never been asked for my degree certificate as a contractor, yet 2 years ago, my wife took a new perm role and was, 30 years after she graduated! so, anecdotally, permie is more tedious for compliance!

Originally posted by Disguised Contractor View Post

Make it in London or remote, add another hundred a day, with a week's notice period, and I'll take it.
        Wouldn't the London vs remote impact the rate you'd take? but then you say £100 a day more...

Any why a week's notice? its irrelevant to income - your end client can turn the tap off at 1730 (just like you can) and you get nothing, irrelevant of 1 day, 1 week or 1 month's notice! (Or are you a permi-tractor?)

M

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
          Any why a week's notice? its irrelevant to income - your end client can turn the tap off at 1730 (just like you can) and you get nothing, irrelevant of 1 day, 1 week or 1 month's notice! (Or are you a permi-tractor?)

M
          Most notices, when utilised, get served in full
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
          X