• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Confused - Left Field Offer - WWYD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProjectPimp View Post
    Thanks, all, for humouring my frazzled little brain.

I've named my price and will wait and see. I've refused a perm arrangement with TCS and told them I'd want a fixed term contract instead.

Worst case scenario(s): a) They/client say no; b) They/client say yes, I take it, don't like and leave.

Either way, I'm only back to where I started this morning.

Thanks again!
    I need closure on this anecdote!

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
      I need closure on this anecdote!
      Especially as TCS are unlikely to be able get another guy on a boat for 6 months.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Especially as TCS are unlikely to be able get another guy on a boat for 6 months.
        Heathrow still busy - the hard part will be getting them to the airport in the first place though!
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Heathrow still busy - the hard part will be getting them to the airport in the first place though!
          I think you'll find it's really not; less than 300 movements a day

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            If LGW has 1/4 of that number, then it's purely due to a dodgy curry in the staff canteen.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              300 flights, average 100 on board. 30,000 untested people straight into the heart of London.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

30,000 untested people straight into the heart of London.
                Sounds like a regular consignment of new TCS workers...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

300 flights, average 100 on board. 30,000 untested people straight into the heart of London.

300 movements <> 300 flights landing.

And most flights are either empty (shifting planes around to find somewhere to mothball them for a couple of months), or are repatriation flights with very few pax. By "very few" I mean < 20.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

And most flights are either empty (shifting planes around to find somewhere to mothball them for a couple of months), or are repatriation flights with very few pax. By "very few" I mean < 20.
                    Eh up, Anal Dave's in again. And he's not called that because he has a blue movie career.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No it's about 50/50 arriving/departing

I believe arrivals are fuller than departures

Comment

Working...
                      X