MVL company liquidation before Budget next week MVL company liquidation before Budget next week
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Should post faster

    skysies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default MVL company liquidation before Budget next week

    I'm thinking of starting the liquidation process of my company before the entrepreneur's relief is abolished next week in the Budget.

    Will it make any difference if I start the process now?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skysies View Post
    I'm thinking of starting the liquidation process of my company before the entrepreneur's relief is abolished next week in the Budget.

    Will it make any difference if I start the process now?
    The answer could be yes or no. We’ll know next week

  3. #3

    Default

    But that yes possibility assumes you’re literally ready to go w/ all invoices paid, final accounts prepped etc. If not, then the answer is emphatically no because you won’t possibly be able to start in time, even if the triggering event were a liquidation in progress.

  4. #4

    Should post faster

    skysies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    But that yes possibility assumes you’re literally ready to go w/ all invoices paid, final accounts prepped etc. If not, then the answer is emphatically no because you won’t possibly be able to start in time, even if the triggering event were a liquidation in progress.
    Well, the process lasts for a couple of months, right?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skysies View Post
    Well, the process lasts for a couple of months, right?
    The MVL itself? No, you aren’t going to get approval to close for maybe 6-8 months. But, put all that aside, the logic of your question is that you can hand your company over to a liquidator before March 11. Realistically, you probably can’t.

  6. #6

    Should post faster

    skysies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    The MVL itself? No, you aren’t going to get approval to close for maybe 6-8 months. But, put all that aside, the logic of your question is that you can hand your company over to a liquidator before March 11. Realistically, you probably can’t.
    Well, I think I can start the process before March 11.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skysies View Post
    Well, I think I can start the process before March 11.
    Super keep us updated


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  8. #8

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I am in same boat. I have deregistered and all vat and accounts paid. Have tried to contact mvlonline today. No answer. My damn luck is I will miss out on this relief and still pay the mvl fees for no benefit

  9. #9

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hefsta, when did you start the process with them? I started a couple of weeks ago with them, and things appear to be moving along at the pace at which they originally indicated. Maybe they were just really busy today. I've found them to be really quick at responding to all correspondance so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffsta View Post
    I am in same boat. I have deregistered and all vat and accounts paid. Have tried to contact mvlonline today. No answer. My damn luck is I will miss out on this relief and still pay the mvl fees for no benefit

  10. #10

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahspooner View Post
    Hefsta, when did you start the process with them? I started a couple of weeks ago with them, and things appear to be moving along at the pace at which they originally indicated. Maybe they were just really busy today. I've found them to be really quick at responding to all correspondance so far.
    Unfortunately the process hasnt really started with them as I had to get accountants to do all the necessary work first. They said once that complete they could start. Now all the work is complete I want to start. I will call first thing tomorrow to see if I can speed things up.

    What are your thoughts to as to if they scrap the relief on 11 March (very likely) and you are half way through the process?

    What step are you in the process?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •