• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract role still being advertised with no mention of inside or outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract role still being advertised with no mention of inside or outside IR35

I know most recruitment agents should be stacking shelves at the local supermarket, but the fact these incompetent buffoons are still advertising contract roles with no mention as to whether the role is inside or outside IR35 makes me want to rage

Assume 92% inside

And the other 8% inside when clients realise the risks

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

It could well be that the agent doesn't know? My (soon to be ex) Client hasn't done any status determinations yet as they've not decided if they are banning PSCs

Comment

Some agents have been calling me and avoiding the IR35 subject until asked. They then say something like "well it should be outside but the client is going to confirm in the next X days using the CEST tool".

So probably inside

I think the reality is that these agents are making no effort to guide the client through the process and offer no value added SDS solutions. They must think its 100% up to the client to manage this and probably wonder why every role comes back as inside.

They dont understand that private sector clients invest carefully in things that make a return, and becoming IR35 experts isnt one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by juckky View Post
          I know most recruitment agents should be stacking shelves at the local supermarket, but the fact these incompetent buffoons are still advertising contract roles with no mention as to whether the role is inside or outside IR35 makes me want to rage
          I don't see it as uselessness per se.

They aren't mentioning it so they don't immediately stop people from applying.

It is annoying for us for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Some agents have been calling me and avoiding the IR35 subject until asked. They then say something like "well it should be outside but the client is going to confirm in the next X days using the CEST tool".

So probably inside
            I found it quite difficult to get an inside rating using the CEST tool unless substitution was not allowed.

Comment

Quote them an Inside IR35 rate and an outside IR35 rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                This. I'd imagine it would vary considerably, depending upon what expenses you'd incur, regardless of factoring in the tax breaks of an outside contract. T&A claims plus utilising a partner as company secretary means a double whammy for contractors heading into an inside IR35 contract.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  This is what I do as standard. Filters out the chancers who are trying the bait and switch.

Comment

I had a conversation with an agent the other week & was explaining how, for a London contract, anything but outside wouldn't work for me. At first he told me oh but everything will be inside after April. You won't be able to do it any other way (right, ok) Next he hadn't understood what it meant to have to pay expenses from net & how that drastically reduces take home. I could almost hear the penny drop when told him it would probably reduce the candidate pool for his role to the local area.
                    So big long story short, they don't understand the differences.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                    X