• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work in Banking? Don't worry about the blanket ban you were probably inside all along

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
    That's my point. There aren't many walks of life where one party can decide to overwrite a contract quite as easily as in an IR35 case!
    I've known a contractor threaten to walk because their working practices and contract weren't being adhered to. Sometimes it's better to walk than be walked over and dragged inside IR35.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This honouring thing bugs me. A contract is a legal document which someone signs.
      By her logic they would judge every contract as Inside. A nice little earner for them.

I was on my last email exchange with her before I was going to lodge a complaint with IPSE that the service was a waste of money if they are going to use that sort of reasoning, when she changed it to Outside.

The main point of getting a review, was so I could show an attempt at due diligence and that I had paid for professional experts to check it was Outside (if I ever needed it).

Comment

This honouring thing bugs me. A contract is a legal document which someone signs. HMRC have somehow managed to convince orgs that they can agree something in writing and change their mind later verbally and that's somehow ok. That's not how contracts generally work!
        It is when the reality of the situation doesn't match the contract.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Wow what a thread. Thank you op for posting this and for all the replies

One thing not covered in this discussion is how far they can go back. How many years can they open up an investigation. From reading this anyone who has worked in finance outside ir35 needs a good dose of luck

Can you infer that they have parked or put on hold any thing about previous years? I dont know what the "HMRC Enquiries section" means in this context

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Also HMRC have plenty of time to kick off these cases. As you will see in the HMRC Enquiries section they are only now kicking off cases relating to 2015-16.
          Last edited by NowPermOutsideUK; 13 October 2020, 07:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
            Can you infer that they have parked or put on hold any thing about previous years? I dont know what the "HMRC Enquiries section" means in this context
            Surely you were here long enough with your previous account to work this out? It's this forum

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eme-enquiries/

Comment

Working...
            X