• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Job ads - "Must have a EU-27 citizenship" - denied?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Job ads - "Must have a EU-27 citizenship" - denied?

Anybody UK folk looking at working in Switzerland, Luxembourg etc seeing this stuff?

Would you be applying anyway under the understanding that you are "in theory" still under the same rights until December 2020, or am I deluding myself and the Europeans are basically going to shun us until we hand over some fish or something...?

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
    Anybody UK folk looking at working in Switzerland, Luxembourg etc seeing this stuff?

Would you be applying anyway under the understanding that you are "in theory" still under the same rights until December 2020, or am I deluding myself and the Europeans are basically going to shun us until we hand over some fish or something...?
    Nope they are just going to shun us.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Soon they will start to send the British back.

Comment

UK should do the same in reverse MUST have UK citizenship as surely if EU can openly do this it cannot be illegal to discriminate in the UK can it!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          UK should do the same in reverse MUST have UK citizenship as surely if EU can openly do this it cannot be illegal to discriminate in the UK can it!
          You can discriminate in the UK if you don't get caught. Women and ethic minorities suffer from this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            You can discriminate in the UK if you don't get caught. Women and ethic minorities suffer from this.
            Sadly we don't have the local language proficiency trick other countries can use..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

These are job ads. It's recruitment speak for "we'll only offer clients people who definitely won't need work permits".

It would be odd to see an EU-27 citizenship requirement in an advert for a Swiss job, since Switzerland isn't in the EU.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                White caucasian do as well I can confirm from 1st hand experience of being on the receiving end of such treatment !

Comment

That's what you get for voting Brexit. No sympathy here...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    These are job ads. It's recruitment speak for "we'll only offer clients people who definitely won't need work permits".

It would be odd to see an EU-27 citizenship requirement in an advert for a Swiss job, since Switzerland isn't in the EU.
                    I would’ve thought that too, but just note they are specifically writing now “EU-27” and not “permitted to work in the EU” or something similar. It’s the specificity of the thing that seems a bit of a technical f-off from our mountain friends. And yes strangely these were for Swiss jobs regardless of the illogic of it...

Comment

Working...
                    X