European Job ads - "Must have a EU-27 citizenship" - denied? European Job ads - "Must have a EU-27 citizenship" - denied?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21

Still gathering requirements...

Default European Job ads - "Must have a EU-27 citizenship" - denied?

Anybody UK folk looking at working in Switzerland, Luxembourg etc seeing this stuff?

Would you be applying anyway under the understanding that you are "in theory" still under the same rights until December 2020, or am I deluding myself and the Europeans are basically going to shun us until we hand over some fish or something...?

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrosbif View Post
    Anybody UK folk looking at working in Switzerland, Luxembourg etc seeing this stuff?

Would you be applying anyway under the understanding that you are "in theory" still under the same rights until December 2020, or am I deluding myself and the Europeans are basically going to shun us until we hand over some fish or something...?
    Nope they are just going to shun us.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I Am Legend

Soon they will start to send the British back.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Fingers like lightning

UK should do the same in reverse MUST have UK citizenship as surely if EU can openly do this it cannot be illegal to discriminate in the UK can it!

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by uk contractor View Post
    UK should do the same in reverse MUST have UK citizenship as surely if EU can openly do this it cannot be illegal to discriminate in the UK can it!
    You can discriminate in the UK if you don't get caught. Women and ethic minorities suffer from this.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You can discriminate in the UK if you don't get caught. Women and ethic minorities suffer from this.
    Sadly we don't have the local language proficiency trick other countries can use..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Respect my authoritah!

These are job ads. It's recruitment speak for "we'll only offer clients people who definitely won't need work permits".

It would be odd to see an EU-27 citizenship requirement in an advert for a Swiss job, since Switzerland isn't in the EU.
    <-2 5m->

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    White caucasian do as well I can confirm from 1st hand experience of being on the receiving end of such treatment !

Should post faster

That's what you get for voting Brexit. No sympathy here...

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    These are job ads. It's recruitment speak for "we'll only offer clients people who definitely won't need work permits".

It would be odd to see an EU-27 citizenship requirement in an advert for a Swiss job, since Switzerland isn't in the EU.
    I would’ve thought that too, but just note they are specifically writing now “EU-27” and not “permitted to work in the EU” or something similar. It’s the specificity of the thing that seems a bit of a technical f-off from our mountain friends. And yes strangely these were for Swiss jobs regardless of the illogic of it...