• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blanket ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Yorkshire and Eek, both been helpful and it helps to hear others take on things. It’s really appreciated...I’ll say what plays out over next few days and waiting to hear the figures and what they can do on rate ...they’ve said they can do something...then I’ll decide !

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
      Thanks Yorkshire and Eek, both been helpful and it helps to hear others take on things. It’s really appreciated...I’ll say what plays out over next few days and waiting to hear the figures and what they can do on rate ...they’ve said they can do something...then I’ll decide !
      Good luck!

Comment

The optimist in me says that it shouldn't be that. There should, in theory, be a massive merry go round kicking off where every outside to inside/PAYE/brolly should be leaving for another client, even if it is inside to avoid the retrospective element. If that is even half true there should be a raft of gigs to pick from for a few weeks.

I kinda hope the next month or so is very busy for roles until it settles back down so it's not as bleak as people that are leaving think.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          The optimist in me says that it shouldn't be that. There should, in theory, be a massive merry go round kicking off where every outside to inside/PAYE/brolly should be leaving for another client, even if it is inside to avoid the retrospective element. If that is even half true there should be a raft of gigs to pick from for a few weeks.

I kinda hope the next month or so is very busy for roles until it settles back down so it's not as bleak as people that are leaving think.
          I've seen it getting busier, roles have for the most part been said to be outside. Rates seem higher for some wierd reason given there's more contractors available.
          Last edited by perplexed; 5 March 2020, 17:08.

Comment

I agree with eek here. We don't really know what the risk of these historical/retro investigations is. We don't know, if they do them, where the greatest risk lies, though we think it is outside to inside rather than outside to payroll.

But whatever the risk, your exposure just isn't that high.

It doesn't hurt to play up your risk in asking for a higher rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
              No such legal definition of a 'PSC'.
              Right to appeal.

Sounds like you have decided to leave in your head already. Worth pursuing the protracted appeals process, mentioning that you're not a 'PSC'; state you'd prefer to stick to legal definitions and a b2b contract. If you're going to leave anyway it's worth pursuing the appeal. I know of one person this has worked with, although whether the others pursued it or not could be that their personality is on the kinder side. This is business; be harsh when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Not as gloomy as you will go straight to the top of the HMRC low hanging fruit hit list if you do

Remember to claim your back dated holiday pay

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                what back dated holiday pay?

Comment

Getting fed up/stressed as changes are only a few weeks away now and I’m waiting on HR to come back about rates...which I either accept or leave 31 March is the only options they are giving . Cutting it fine ?.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
                    what back dated holiday pay?
                    FFS it's really not hard to keep abreast of what's going on you know. It's not new news

Meet the woman who took on HMRC, and won | IPSE

The Winchester case – an IR35 lesson for HMRC if friction to be avoided - Lawspeed
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 8 March 2020, 21:31.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      FFS it's really not hard to keep abreast of what's going on you know. It's not new news

Meet the woman who took on HMRC, and won | IPSE

The Winchester case – an IR35 lesson for HMRC if friction to be avoided - Lawspeed
                      Its not no. Especially when applied in a stupid context. How does a contractor, who was outside IR35 till now, have accrued any backdated holiday pay?

Comment

Working...
                      X