• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self employed-contractor-WFH

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dranzer View Post
    The work i do is all based on my laptop (given to me by the company)

All systems/softwares and programmes are on the laptop.... i take the laptop home with me everyday; i actually dont need to really be in the office if im completely honest.

Im not saying i want to WFH everyday; but as and when i see fit, i want to text/email the line manager and inform him ‘ill be wfh’ with no issues whatsoever.....

Im a ltd company

Day rate contractor

Through an agency (not an umbrella company)

The issue here is i want to know exactly what the issue is/outset regulation within the company and through hmrc so that i can construct an email to the company themselves).
    What's the question? I doesn't matter who's laptop it is (from a WFH perspective, anyway).

If you agreed to WFH with your client, then do it.

If you didn't, then don't expect just to be able to text/email them and say you are and expect them to agree to you billing for that day.

Did you get agreement from your client that you could WFH?

Comment

I smell sockie.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

All systems/softwares and programmes are on the laptop.... i take the laptop home with me everyday; i actually dont need to really be in the office if im completely honest.

Im not saying i want to WFH everyday; but as and when i see fit, i want to text/email the line manager and inform him ‘ill be wfh’ with no issues whatsoever.....

Im a ltd company

Day rate contractor

Through an agency (not an umbrella company)

The issue here is i want to know exactly what the issue is/outset regulation within the company and through hmrc so that i can construct an email to the company themselves).
        You need to set WFH up in advance and it's clear you've already done things that will make that impossible s you've lost the trust of your end client. I'm sorry but WFH is not something a lot of clients want as if they did they would outsource it somewhere cheaper (like India, Bulgaria, Belarus)
        Last edited by eek; 10 March 2020, 09:15.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not sure this needs much resolving.

Has your line manager (for want of a better, more B2B word) ever seen your contract or have you signed some vanilla 'IR35' friendly thing from an agency? Does the agency contract to client and agency contract to you match? (Easy email to agency and document response).

What you'll probably find is the line manager has never seen the contract you signed, the contract will have a paragraph of 'can work elsewhere by agreement and where practicable'. The line manager will be difficult and say that is proof you need permission.

You need to have a good relationship with your client and explain the B2B nature, they are likely to say they got you on as part of the team and their answer stands. You then detail an email to explain that you will be on site for the remainder of the contract as this is most practical. You then leave ASAP.

Resolved. Case closed.

Comment

So i am a self employed ltd company contractor
            Whilst possible to be both it seems very unlikely. Working for yourself - GOV.UK

Details are important for your other questions so make sure YOU know the facts and details about yourself.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

which company? Yours or your client's?

Details. Details.

I know the answer but you really do need to get on top of this stuff. Otherwise you're going to get ****ed by HMRC sooner rather than later.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                I smell sockie.
                you can get cream for that.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Rather than a text, send line manager a video of you w**king from home

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Rather than a text, send line manager a video of you w**king from home
                    Into a sock(ie) I take it
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Into a sock(ie) I take it
                      that's how I caught athlete's cock
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X