Solutionize Global Solutionize Global
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Contractor Among Contractors

Default Solutionize Global

Anyone dealt with the above agency? A search here returns nothing.

Unusual in that they don't publish phone numbers in their job ads and won't take calls from applicants. Hmmmm.

My post count is Majestic

They do it to sort out the feckless idiots that can't go to their website and find it.

Appears quite successful.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    They do it to sort out the feckless idiots that can't go to their website and find it.

Appears quite successful.
    What do you think the words "...won't take calls..." denoted ? Go stick your head in spittoon, troll.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by unixman View Post
    What do you think the words "...won't take calls..." denoted ? Go stick your head in spittoon, troll.
    What's wrong with that - I suspect they adopting a pile them high, process it cheap policy which means they will pick the first 5 reasonably looking CVs and send those to the client - job done.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I said it was unusual, not wrong. With most agencies, you can call and get through to the advertising agent, or at least leave a message. If their number isn't in the ad you can Google it and call the main switchboard. Do that with SG (as I did) and you will be firmly (but very politely) rebuffed. They won't forward your call.

Not a huge issue, but this, in combination with the apparent small size of SG, and their absence from this site, makes me a tad suspicious. You might say it was a dummy role/advertisement, but I couldn't possibly comment.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by unixman View Post
    I said it was unusual, not wrong. With most agencies, you can call and get through to the advertising agent, or at least leave a message. If their number isn't in the ad you can Google it and call the main switchboard. Do that with SG (as I did) and you will be firmly (but very politely) rebuffed. They won't forward your call.

Not a huge issue, but this, in combination with the apparent small size of SG, and their absence from this site, makes me a tad suspicious. You might say it was a dummy role/advertisement, but I couldn't possibly comment.
    It's a job advert, you apply spend 30 seconds to 5 minutes trying to reach the agent and then discard everything about it until the agent rings up to sort out an interview.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    It's a job advert, you apply spend 30 seconds to 5 minutes trying to reach the agent and then discard everything about it until the agent rings up to sort out an interview.
    A fascinating observation.