• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

With agency now - looking to go direct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    Thanks, do you have any other useful insights into my contract?

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
      Yes, the client said they'll deal with the agency.
      Which bit of the client though? Your "line manager", an executive, Human Remains, the legal team? There are sound business reasons for them using an agency as well as binding contracts that might get in the way.

Obviously you know far more about the reality than I do, but just be aware it is not necessarily as easy as it looks. And don't forget you are also picking up additional financial risk without the agency in the middle.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Why do you want to go direct? If you think it's to avoid IR35, think again; your limited company becomes the intermediary so you'd still be at whim of the determination of the end client as to your status.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Why do you want to go direct? If you think it's to avoid IR35, think again; your limited company becomes the intermediary so you'd still be at whim of the determination of the end client as to your status.
          +1 - half a thread on the issue can be seen https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...n-account.html until we switched to an R&D tax credit discussion.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nothing to do with avoiding IR35. Current contract assessed outside IR35 by the client. Next contract outside as well but they want to go fixed cost, so the agency is somewhat redundant (all risk is on my LTD).

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Which bit of the client though? Your "line manager", an executive, Human Remains, the legal team? There are sound business reasons for them using an agency as well as binding contracts that might get in the way.

Obviously you know far more about the reality than I do, but just be aware it is not necessarily as easy as it looks. And don't forget you are also picking up additional financial risk without the agency in the middle.
              The project/technical manager has asked HR / Legal to deal with the agency and see what they can do.

Comment

The project/technical manager has asked HR / Legal to deal with the agency and see what they can do.
                Fair enough. Best of luck!
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Nothing to do with avoiding IR35. Current contract assessed outside IR35 by the client. Next contract outside as well but they want to go fixed cost, so the agency is somewhat redundant (all risk is on my LTD).
                  Ah okay. Fixed cost on what payment schedule?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

My contract states that they want my LTD to pay. I was wondering what ways are there around it. Client is on my side.

What's a handshake clause?

Opted out (or no contract)...
                    close the LTD and go direct with a new one.

EDIT: just seen last update. Good luck. The agency will likely want the client to pony up something.
                    Last edited by Lance; 13 March 2020, 12:31.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Ah okay. Fixed cost on what payment schedule?
                      Deliverable/Milestone based. Milestones every 2 - 6 weeks depending on deliverable.

Comment

Working...
                      X