• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excessive contractual obligations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I seem to remember suggesting a lawyer in my very first post. That one was just to encourage the OP to do so...
    many thanks & review already in progress...

Comment

I seem to remember suggesting a lawyer in my very first post. That one was just to encourage the OP to do so...

Just thought QDOS would be a better option first given they've probably had sight of many of these sorts of clauses in the past and helped remediate them.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Just thought QDOS would be a better option first given they've probably had sight of many of these sorts of clauses in the past and helped remediate them.
        QDOS are fine for IR35 things, I wouldn't personally use them (again) for overall contract reviews...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

QDOS are fine for IR35 things, I wouldn't personally use them (again) for overall contract reviews...
          Yes, it needs a broader review than simply IR35 but even so, this IMHO would probably lead to an 'inside' decision basis the practicalities around substitution and the direct relationship between the client and the worker and the leverage held.

Even if a way through this could be agreed; the thought of a client attempting such unfavourable terms from the off is worrying. Has anyone else had this come up and pushed back or even agreed to such terms??

Comment

Stipulate that the Pimp Director gives a personal guarantee in case the Agency goes under leaving YourCo with unpaid invoices.

Comment

Working...
            X